56. Honey trap

Meanwhile, in the borough of Westminster...

Aventurine and Prasiolite are there roaming the streets with Aventurine eating a slice of pizza. Prasiolite is using her phone searching for potential recruits. Aventurine finishes up her slice of pizza and she wipes her hands on a tissue she has on her other hand. She then dumps it into a bin, Prasiolite resumes working and then, Bagley contacts them.

Bagley: "I have Malik for you."

Aventurine: "Huh? Oh is it our turn?"

Prasiolite: "Oh dear, Simon's fainted. Alright, Bagley, we'll talk to him."

Richard: "We have to meet. There's been a complication. I can't access the files your friends stole."

Prasiolite: "Huh?"

Richard: "The files are locked. And a moment after your friends got them, I received this."

Then, a video is sent onto Prasiolite's phone. She plays it and it's a message from Zero-Day.

Prasiolite: "Oh shit."

Zero-Day: "Hello Richard. We see you're trying to find us by looking into our associates, that's a good idea. Hope you don't mind if we borrow it... Who was your masked saviour, we wonder?"

Aventurine was watching and she also looks in shock.

Aventurine: "Bloody hell, he's doomed."

Richard: "I've sent Bagley the coordinates for a meeting. I hope I don't need to explain why this is a priority."

Aventurine: "I guess we meet with him."

Prasiolite: "Yes. Come on, let's go. Oh, Bagley's marked the location on my map. It's at...Cleopatra's Needle, it's not far, come on."

They move out and they decide to jog it. They make it there and they don't see Richard Malik anywhere. Aventurine sits down and she grabs a mint from her pocket and eats it.

Prasiolite: "Really?"

Aventurine: "Well he's not here. Shite...should we be worried actually?"

Prasiolite: "No, I guess we should just um...wait?"

They sit down on the steps of the statue and then, they see Richard arriving with an umbrella in hand. Prasiolite goes to get up to talk only for Richard tot ell her to stay down as he looks at the statues of the lions and the tall obelisk.

Richard: "No-- don't get up. I need a high ranking SIRS officer's biometrics. Eyes and fingers."

Prasiolite: "What? No, we can't do that. We're not spies, Mr Malik."

Richard: "Keep your voice down. The data was encrypted--

Aventurine: "Big bloody deal, Bagley can handle it on his own."

Richard: "Not faster than I could, and I've tried. It's hopeless in the time we have. Look, if you don't help me, Zero-Day wins. Which means we all die."

Prasiolite: "Bloody hell."

The 2 gems get up and stand next to Richard who's looking over the Thames and at the London skyline across the river.

Aventurine: "How many fingers? 1, 2? The whole hand?"

Malik: "No... High res photos will do. The problem is, it has to be the acting Home Office Liasion, and SIRS will burn their credentials if they're attacked. It's protocol. So you'll have to get them the old fashioned way."

Aventurine: "May I guess? We torture them?"

Richard: "Chr*st no. Develop a relationship. Get someone close and take the photos covertly."