51. The Whistleblower

Erin is now in the hospital visiting Anon who's laying in the bed with some stitches on his leg. She's there alone as everyone left before she arrived. There, she's talking to him and is happy to see him still alive and well.

Anon: "Well, I'm sure I can understand how worried you were. But just to remind you, most people don't die when getting shot in the leg."

Erin: "I know. But still...I was just so...scared."

Anon: "Don't worry anymore. I'm still alive at least. Agh."

He groans as he feels his leg ache lightly and he adjusts himself. He crawls back toward a pillow and he smiles and holds Erin's hand and she holds his.

Anon: "Soon, when this is all over, I'm happy to take you out on a date together."

Erin: "I love you."

She and Anon close the gap between them and kiss. As they kiss, Erin's phone buzzes, it's Bagley. She pulls away from the Kiss and she answers her phone.

Erin: "Babe, please excuse me. Hello?"

Bagley: "New mission for you! It's quite strange, by the way. One of our servers is being pinged from the Wi-Fi of a particular Starbucks Coffee."

(In Watch Dogs Legion, it's Stargoer, which parodies Starbucks. But for this, I'm using Starbucks)

Erin: "Hm, what about it, Bagley?"

Bagley: "Yes I thought it was noise at first too. But then I decoded the pings. It's morse code. Three letters, repeating over and over."

Erin: "Tell me, Bags."

Bagley: "S. O. Wait for it... S!"

Erin: "I'll check it out. Be sure to pinpoint the location on my map please."

Anon: "Mission eh? Good luck."

Erin: "Thanks, babe."

She then kisses his cheek and she leaves the room as Anon smiles and lays back in his bed. She leaves the hospital and heads towards the coordinates which are located in the Borough of Southwark. She drives an autonomous cab. She sees the sun setting and she sees that the location's somewhere between Southwark and Lambeth. She arrives at the café which is next to a small smoothie bar, and a bunch of other shops and cafés. She then exits the cab.

Erin: "Alright Bagley. I'm here and um...now what?"

Bagley: "There doesn't seem to be any obvious peril, does there? Have a seat and I'll ping back the IP sending us the distress signal."

Erin: "Sure. Might as well get a frappe with some caramel and coffee."

Timeskip...

The sun's set and now it's night. Erin is still at the café drinking up her frappe which is nearly finished. Then, a waitress places a flip-phone on the table and Erin looks at the waitress.

Erin: "Um, excuse me, Miss, I think you-

Then the flip-phone's ringtone starts playing and she looks at it and realises that it might be the distress signal. She then opens it up and answers it.

Erin: "Um, is this some kind of a joke? You really are clever at taking the piss you cheeky arse."

(Erin is in fact, 2000 years old. And for those unfamiliar with Steven Universe, gems don't age physically and they can live forever. (Unless something kills them))

???: "It's a cryptophone, it's secure. Every device on ctOS can be compromised. If we're overheard, we're dead. Both of us."

Erin: "Who is this?"