97. Liberating The City Of London

Meanwhile, in the borough of the City of London...

In the City of London, Anon is there, walking down the road with Erin, on the lookout for some potential recruits and there. He grabs out his phone and checks the time to see that it's 6:35 in the morning and he puts his phone away and holds Erin's hand.

Erin: "It's waking up early. I find it kind of refreshing. Even though I don't need to sleep or anything."

Anon: "You know what? I agree. I used to do this all the time when I was in Jakarta. My home city. Hey, when all this is over, do you want to go on a trip there?"

Erin: "Hm...a trip won't do harm so why not."

As they keep talking and walking, they see Steven and Connie sitting down on some benches and there, they're seen holding hands. Anon walks over to say hello and Steven turns around and sees Anon.

Steven: "Oh, hey!"

Anon: "Hey, Steven. Connie, good seeing you too."

Connie: "So, how's uh...everything going, Anon?"

Anon: "So far, so good. But I plan to free some more boroughs from Albion's control."

He looks up at the Walkie-Talkie building and there, he sees Albion's logo projected on top of it. Steven and Connie look up and they get what Anon means.

Steven: "Oh, I get it. You want to tear down the projection?"

Anon: "What? No- I mean I do, yes. But we need to get everyone in this borough to join in. I'm not saying we should walk from building to building and house-to-house, I need to do something. Like gather some kind of information about Albion and expose it to the public. It's like exposing corruption in companies and groups like Haum and New Dawn back in San Francisco."

Connie: "Wait, wait, I think I get it. You want to find something bad that Albion's done and show everyone, right?"

Anon: "Bingo."

Then, Anon's phone buzzes and it's Bagley.

Bagley: "I heard about your conversation of wanting to lower Albion's reputation by exposing let's say something dirty about them. Maybe we can expose the fact that some of them like to look at dirty images like I don't know, maybe pornography!"

Anon: "Chase those dreams when you're asleep because I am going to expose something else, Bagley."

Bagley: "Hm, right. Maybe you can find something incriminating inside the building. After all, Albion's changed lots of things, no?"

Anon: "Hm, that could work. Good thinking Bagley. I'll be off, Steven. Take care you 2."

Steven and Connie wave goodbye as Anon and Erin proceed to head inside the Walkie-Talkie building. Inside the lobby, they head into the lift and Anon presses the button to close the lift's doors and they head upstairs.
(Originally, in the game, there's an informant you see who tells you about this. But for this, Anon will find out on his own.)

Anon: "Deja vu. We were here when Nowt needed us to do some work?"

Erin: "Yeah. How could I forget?"

Anon: "Well, here we go."

*DING*

The doors open up and they walk out and there, Anon and Erin head upstairs and Anon sees the spiderbot caller there. He uses his phone to hack into it and a spiderbot comes out and Anon takes control of it.

Anon: "Alright work your magic you little freak..."

He moves it toward a vent and Erin watches the spiderbot's perspective through Anon's phone which is hacked into the spiderbot's point of view. He moves it toward a ventilation shaft and inside, the spiderbot moves up to a room through the shaft and in that room, he sees an outlet where he can plug the spiderbot into. After doing so, he hacks into the system and is redirected to a live stream of a security camera which is in some sort of hallway.

Anon: "What the...what's this?"

He hacks into the laptop across the hall and he detects a nearby security camera. He hacks into that detected camera and there, he's now looking into a room where a man is seen strapped to a chair and in front of him is Albion propaganda on a TV screen.

Anon: "What the hell?! What am I looking at?! Bagley?"

Bagley: "Albion have been experimenting with behaviour modification through electro-shock, hypnosis, and drugs. A little more rigorous than a night out at the local. Keep looking."

Anon: "F*ck me. I've seen some sci-fi films where brainwashing is shown but this is something else."

Erin: "These people...we have to get them out as soon as possible, Edwin!"

Anon: "We'll find a way, Erin. I'm certain of it."

She nods and Anon keeps looking through the cameras on his phone. He switches to a camera in another brainwashing room and there, a person is seen strapped to a similar chair with speakers surrounding them and are playing a speech given to them by a recording of Nigel Cass' voice.

Anon: "Got something. That laptop, over there."

He hacks into it and Bagley speaks with Anon about what Anon's receiving from the laptop in the room.

Bagley: "Listen to this: Patients experience total loss of apatite and intense hallucinations but conditioning has been successful...with reapplication. So this is an engaging treatment. Who wants to sign up?"

Anon: "I'll pass 100%."

Erin: "Me too."

After downloading some footage on camera, Anon then logs out of the cams and Bagley is on the line.

Bagley: "That's the footage. Ready to go?"

Anon: "Wait, hold on. Change of plans. Bagley, we have to shut this bloody thing down. I'm not going to allow Albion to break innocent people. All this is insane."

Bagley: "Right. If you can get me past their firewall, I think we can put an end to renewal therapy in this borough of London."

Anon looks around for something and Erin spots a panel that is likely connected to the building's firewall. There, Anon sees it too and he hacks into it only to see that the security network is above them, outside the building on the roof where Albion has its logo being projected.

Bagley: "Now, how are you supposed to bypass this security network all the way up there? If only you could fly... Like a bird. Oh, or like a drone! Hack a drone, thicky."

Anon: "Got it, Bagley."

He sees a drone outside and Erin sits down on a couch near them and there, Anon hacks into the ctOS drone outside and controls it. He gets it to move and there, Anon hacks into the security system, that has been implemented into the infrastructure outside.

Bagley: "That'll do it. My, they've really gone all out on this one, haven't they? Just get through that firewall and we can put this brainwashing madness out of business."

(In the game, he refers to it as a clinic as you meet a DedSec informant who calls the brainwashing experiments 'a a correctional clinic'. But for this since Anon doesn't meet the informant, I'll let Bagley call it a brainwashing madness)

Anon: "Here we go."

He hacks into its security system and he takes quite some time as he has to fly the drone around the building, hacking into the system in its infrastructure. He keeps going and flies up to the roof and there, he keeps on hacking and he finishes up after hacking into one last part of the security system which is on the front side of the roof.

Bagley: "Done. You should get out of there before anyone notices."

Anon: "Yeah, yeah. Erin, we're done here, let's go."

She nods and gets up. The 2 of them proceed to head to the lift and Anon quickly presses the ground floor button and they head down to the lobby. As he steps outside, they look up to see some screens on the Walkie-Talkie building deactivate and the Albion logo hologram on the roof suddenly glitches and there, it's replaced by DedSec's skull logo and it says: 'Resist, Persist, Enlist'. Then, some flares are seen being shot into the sky followed by some fireworks. Then, they can hear crowds cheering and Albion propaganda being torn down by Anarchists and protestors.

 To be continued...

(With the City of London borough now free, a few more boroughs to go.)