🌹 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞🌹

When the train had arrived, it was pissing it down with rain. Luckily, the second years and up got to ride the carriages to the castle. And once everyone was inside and approaching the hall, they were glad it was warm inside as they felt cold from the weather.

Rose sat next to Hermione as Ron and Harry sat opposite them. Once everyone was sat down and the first years were sorted, the toad choir began to sing, and despite how Rose was feeling, she smiled when she saw Neville looking at Trevor proudly.

After the choir had finished, everyone clapped and Dumbledore approached his stand. He started his speech.

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts. Now, I'd like to say a few words before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck, Professor."

Remus stood up and smiled as people clapped for him, Rose being one of them. And as she felt proud, she was worried because the DADA post was rumoured to be cursed. And from the previous teachers, she knew he was going to have a hard time.

Hermione looked at Rose and Harry and stated.

"Of course, that's why he gave you two the chocolate."

Rose nodded and she heard Draco trying to get their attention.

"Psst, Potter, Black. Potter! Black!"

Harry turned around and Rose looked at Draco who asked.

"Is it true you fainted? Like actually fainted?"

Ron scoffed and turned Harry's attention away.

"Shove off, Malfoy."

Rose rolled her eyes at her cousin and looked at Pansy who was mouthing to her.

"Are you okay?"

Rose nodded and Hermione saw the two. When Rose looked away, Hermione asked.

"Are you two friends?"

She sounded jealous and Rose smirked before responding.

"Don't be jealous, love. And we're more like frenemies, we both hate and like each other."

Hermione let out a "hmm" and was going to say something else when Dumbledore carried on with his speech.

"Our Care of Magical Creatures teacher for many years, has decided to retire, in order to spend more time with his.. remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be taken by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid."

Rose smiled brightly and clapped excitedly as Hagrid stood up and nearly knocked the table over, she then began to chant to get his confidence up.

"Hagrid! Hagrid! Hagrid! Hagrid!"

Hagrid chuckled and Dumbledore continued.

"Finally, on a more disquieting note, at the request of the Ministry of Magic, Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the Dementors of Azkaban until such a time as Sirius Black is captured."

Rose immediately felt bitter and she ignored the accusing looks from students who remembered what her last name is. She twirled a knife with her fingers and glared at Malfoy who was looking at her, students mumbled to each other and Dumbledore glanced at Rose before finishing off.

"The Dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now, whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities, a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures, they will not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore, I must worn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a Dementor to be forgiving. But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. On a happier note, it's time to eat."

He waved his hand and a shit ton of food appeared on the tables, the first years gasped in shock and Rose piled food on her plate, trying to forget the thought of her father being in danger.

🌹

Once everyone was done, Dumbledore dismissed them and Rose, along with the others, made their way to the Gryffindor Common Room. But someone was being a pain in the arse and wasn't letting them in. Students groaned and complained as they just wanted to get into their nice and warm beds, but the Gryffindor portrait had other ideas.

Seamus said the password, but Elizabeth (A/N: If you've read RWTS, you would know that the Fat Lady is called Elizabeth. I'm going to keep that name for all my other books as well.) was trying to smash the glass with her voice. Seamus complained to Neville and Dean and everyone watched as she kept trying to sing. Harry said the password and Elizabeth spoke.

"No, no, wait, wait. Watch this."

She cleared her throat and sang in a high pitched voice, making everyone wince and cover their ears in pain. When she saw that her voice wasn't breaking the glass, she swiftly smashed it against the wall and gasped, acting like she didn't just break it on the wall.

"Amazing! Just with my voice."

Rose pushed her way through and stated in annoyance.

"Fortuna Major."

Elizabeth sighed and let out a "yes, alright. Go in" and finally let them in. Rose thanked her and everyone began piling in, Harry complained to Seamus.

"She's still doing that after three years."

Seamus and Harry then spoke in unison and laughed.

"She can't even sing."

Rose let out a chuckle when a ghost went through Dean, causing him to shiver and groan from the feeling. Hermione and Rose said goodnight to the boys and entered their dorm. They both got dressed into their pyjamas and talked for a bit until Hermione fell asleep.

But, Rose couldn't fall asleep for two reasons. One being about Sirius, and the other being she could hear the boys messing around in their dorm. And because she couldn't sleep, she got out of bed and quietly left her dorm and made her way to the boys', leaving Cinder as she slept next to Crookshanks.

Once she got there, she knocked on the door and the boys froze, thinking they'd been caught by McGonagall or something. But, Neville bravely went over to the door and reluctantly opened it, sighing in relief when he saw Rose leaning against the door frame.

He opened the door wider for the boys to see who it was and they blushed when they got a look at what Rose was wearing. Rose looked at the boys and asked.

"Sup, hoes. Can I join? I can't sleep."

The boys looked at each other before nodding, making Rose smile and enter the room. Neville closed the door behind her and watched as she launched herself on Harry's bed. She then sat up and joined in with what they were doing.