🌹𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱🌹

The day after the announcement of the Yule Ball, everyone was excited and got to asking their dates and such. But two people who were struggling were Ron and Harry. Ron complained during the study lesson as he was feeling sorry for himself.

"This is mad, at this rate, we'll be the only ones in our year without dates."

Without realising, he spoke a little too loud, causing Snape to push his head forward to shut him up. But that didn't work as he kept on talking to Harry.

"Well, us and Neville."

Rose got protective of her "son" and kicked his shin, Ron hissed and Harry added on.

"Yeah, but then again, he can take himself."

Rose kicked his shin a bit harder than Ron's and glared at them both. They cowered and Hermione defended Neville.

"It might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone."

Ron sighed and stated dramatically.

"Now I'm really depressed."

He went back to his studying just to have paper fly at him, he looked up and read it out loud.

"Get a move on or all the good ones will have gone."

He looked at George and passed the paper back whilst asking.

"Who are you going with, then?"

George scrunched up the paper and threw it at Angelina. She looked up annoyed and muttered a "what?", George then made a gesture asking if Angelina wanted to go with him. She smiled and nodded before quietly squealing with her friends. George winked at Ron and Rose let out a laugh of amusement.

Ron turned to Hermione and asked dumbly.

"Hermione, you're a girl."

Hermione looked at him with a scowl and responded.

"Well spotted."

Ron then tried to do the same as George did, but failed as Snape whacked him over the head with a book. Ron watched Snape walk away before speaking again.

"Come on, it's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl, it's just sad."

Rose rolled her eyes, but smirked when Hermione retorted sassily.

"I won't be going alone, because, believe it or not, someone's asked me!"

She got up and handed Snape her book before walking back to the table, grabbing her bag and hissing out.

"And I said yes!"

She walked away and Ron looked to Rose and asked if it was true. Rose just smirked and nodded which caused him to sigh. Ron then leaned into Harry and whispered something to him thinking Snape couldn't hear, but what he didn't know was Snape was behind the two of them and pulling up his sleeves. He then placed one hand on each of their heads and pushed it down. They groaned and winced from the force and Rose bit back a laugh.

Snape walked away, satisfied, and Rose mocked Ron.

"Better get a date, boys. Showing up alone is just sad."

She then smirked and got up, Nathan getting up as well and Snape took their books before they walked away laughing.

🌹

A trip to Hogsmeade was made for the students to go shopping. And on the morning of the trip, Rose finally opened the box that got sent by her father. She unwrapped it and lifted the lid, just to gasp at a beautiful red silky dress. She put the box back and made a list as to what jewellery to get and what shoes to match, she then excitedly met up with Hermione and Pansy who were actually being friendly to one another for a change.

The trio arrived at Hogsmeade and avoided the boys as they went around for their stuff. Hermione told Rose that Viktor had asked her and even though they had a bit of an age gap, she was happy for her best friend. Pansy was going with Draco.

As they were at the dress shop, they found two dresses that matched Rose's, but were different colours. So, Hermione and Pansy bought the dresses after trying them on and the three bought the shoes and jewellery to go with it. They were incredibly excited and couldn't wait for the Yule Ball.

After spending a few minutes fangirling over their dresses, they met up with the boys and went to the Three Broomsticks where they ordered some food and drinks. Nathan tried to look at what Rose bought, but she sealed the bag with magic and told him it was a surprise. Nathan pouted but couldn't wait either, he was also nervous because he wanted to ask her a question, but felt like waiting till the Yule Ball to ask her.

When everyone had bought everything they needed, they headed back to Hogwarts and the girls gossiped excitedly about about Ball whilst the boys talked about other things.

Ron disappeared and the Gryffindors went to the Common Room as it was cold and relaxed in front of the fire. Rose had her head layed on Nathan's lap and he was playing with her hair.

Soon, a bunch of people entered the common room. Ron being one of them. He was being held up by Ginny and another girl and he looked traumatised. Harry got up and asked.

"What's happened?"

Ginny responded.

"He just asked Fleur Delacour out."

Rose held back a laugh and they helped him sit down. Hermione let out a "what?" and Harry asked curiously.

"What did she say?"

Hermione mumbled.

"No, of course."

Ron shook his head and Hermione asked in disbelief.

"She said yes?"

Ron muttered out, still traumatised.

"Don't be silly. There she was, walking by. You know how I like it when they walk. I couldn't help it. It just sort of slipped out."

Ginny stated.

"Actually, he sort of screamed at her. It was a bit frightening."

Harry asked again.

"And what did you do then?"

Ron answered.

"What else? I ran for it. I'm not cut out for this, Harry. I don't know what got into me. I always liked looking at them from behind. She's never gonna forgive me, ever."

The Patil twins walked past them and muttered a "Hi, Harry" before walking away. Harry had a look on his face as he suddenly got an idea. He then followed them as Ron kept drowning in embarrassment and sorrow. Rose patted him on the back and they eventually went to bed with the Yule Ball on their minds.