🌹𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧🌹

Because the group took so long getting to the carriages, there were none left. They met up with Neville who smiled brightly when he saw Rose, he then immediately began showing off his Mimbulus Mimbletonia. Rose grinned and listened as he rambled on and on about it.

As Rose was listening to Neville, Nathan was rocking backwards and forwards on his feet and blew out a breath, their attention got diverted when Harry mumbled.

"What is that?"

The other turned around to see him staring at nothing, well, Rose could see it too. It was a skeletal horse with wide and leathery wings that looked like bat wings. She stared at it and so did Nathan, as he had seen death as well. Ron asked in confusion.

"What's what?"

Harry responded.

"That, pulling the carriage."

Ron and Hermione glanced at each other and Hermione stated.

"Nothing's pulling the carriage, Harry. It's pulling itself, like always."

Harry then walked forward and stared at it as he walked past, the others followed and Rose saw a blonde girl sitting in the carriage. She smiled and went to greet her when Luna announced.

"You're not going mad, I can see them too. You're just as sane as I am."

Rose walked forward and got into the carriage, immediately greeting Luna and hugging her. The others got in too and it was a bit of a tight fit so Rose sat on Nathan's lap, who was smiling cheekily.

There was a bit of an awkward silence before Hermione introduced.

"Everyone, this is Loony Love-"

Rose kicked Hermione's leg and gave her a glare, Hermione blushed in embarrassment and added on awkwardly.

"Luna Lovegood."

Luna acted like she didn't hear her and Hermione tried to make it better.

"What an interesting necklace."

Luna, who was fiddling with her necklace, responded softly.

"It's a charm, actually. Keeps away the Nargles."

There was more silence, so she added on.

"Hungry? I hope there's pudding."

The carriage began to move and Rose heard Ron mutter to Hermione.

"What the hell is a Nargle?"

Hermione whispered back.

"No idea."

Rose rolled her eyes at their rudeness and made a conversation with Luna to distract her from the awkwardness.

🌹

After what felt like a long ride to the castle, the group made their way into the great hall and Luna said her goodbyes as she headed to the Ravenclaw table as the others went to the Gryffindor one.

They all sat down and clapped whenever a first year was sorted at their table. And once the sorting was over and done with, the food popped up and everyone immediately began placing food on their plates. Rose snickering when Ron had piled his plate up.

As Rose was eating, she looked up to notice a big gap between Harry and Seamus, and Seamus, along with a few others were glaring at Harry. Rose rolled her eyes and swiftly flung a sausage off her fork and smirked when it whacked Seamus in the face and he groaned. When he saw Rose glaring at him, he gulped and looked down, continuing with eating his food.