Chapter 16

He is my everything but I'm not his.

Me and techno sat watching the tv bit talking after that. Occasionally he would would grab his phone and start typing, I think he was coming up with how to ask this girl out.

All i could think was 'wow' I can't believe I actually thought he liked me back.

I couldn't take it anymore seeing him planning how to make this girl happy, he was clearly putting a lot of work into it. I want him to be happy but I just need to cry right now.

"Hey techno can you drive me home?" I asked "oh uh yeah" he got up and grabbed his keys. It's only a 10 minute drive to my apartment but I really need to cry.

Maybe I'm just an emotional wreck but I don't think I can hold it in much longer. I walked over to the door anxious.

"Woah in a hurry?" Techno asked "yeah actually I need to get back" I said he started walking faster.

We got in the car and he started playing music. We were almost there when techno got a call. I could only hear technos side of the convo.

Hello

Yeah

Mmhmm

I'm dropping my friend off right now

We can FaceTime later

Okay

Next time I see you I'll give you lots of hugs and kisses.

Okay bye Jessica.

I love you

*end of convo*

He hung up. I was about to cry. That was the girl. 'Lots of hugs and kisses' 'we can FaceTime later' 'I love you'

"Just pull over here I'm gonna go to the park" I managed to say "are you sure? It's gonna rain soon" he said all I could do is nod.

He pulled over and said "you want me to come with you?" "No I wanna be alone bye techno" I closed the door it took him a second but he drove off. The second he was out of view tears started running down my face.

I walked to my tree that I like to sit under. I thought it would make me happy because I have so many good memories at this tree and I always come here when I'm sad.

All I could think of was when me and techno came here. I just cried harder. Before I knew it, it started raining. I barley paid attention to the rain. All I could do is cry. It was slowly getting dark so I started walking home.

As I arrived I saw james... along with 3 police officers.

Fuck

I walked up trying not to get their attention but to no avail they noticed me.

Fuck

"Excuse me ma'am" I turned to him "yes?" James looked over and spoke up "that's her" the police officer looked back at me and said "can we talk to you?" I nodded

He leaded me to the other officer surrounding James. "So I think you know why we're here" one officer said "I think so yeah"

"Yeah so this man right here was taken into the station on Halloween night after getting into a fist fight, there is video of the fight, he claims you were the girl in the video that ran after is this true?" The officer asked

I nodded "okay who was the man and could you explain the story to us." He asked

"I went on a walk and sat outside the gas station, James came up to me clearly drunk he reeked of alcohol. He was trying to get me to go back to his place but I said no, I don't know the man who fought him. James grabbed my ass and the man came running and started beating him. I was scared of James so I ran."

There was no way I was telling the complete truth techno would get in so much trouble. And I saw the video, you never saw technos face. He would be in the clear.

The cop nodded then looked at James "is that true?" He asked "I- uh I don't know" James said "okay ma'am thank you for your time his blood was tested last night and it exceeded the legal drinking amount. Your our only story that could be true."

Techno was off the hook. I said goodbye and went into my apartment to text techno. I couldn't be mad at him it wasn't his fault.

*text convo*

Y/n
Just got questioned by the cops.

Techno
What? Why?

Y/n
You beat a dude half to death what do you mean why

Techno
Shit sorry what happened

Y/n
I may have lied a bit... long story short your off the hook.

Techno
Shit you lied to the cops bad girl.

Y/n
I never snitch on daddy

Techno
Haha stfu

*end of text convo*

I love talking to him.

I need to get over him.

He doesn't love me back.

824 words