Chapter 68

How long will he remain stable?

I woke up the next morning to my phone ringing it was the hospital...

Shit

All I can do I pray it's good news...

I answered that call my heart beating out of my chest. Please be good please be good. I can't handle any more bad news.

*call convo*

"Hello"

"Hello Mrs l/n I'm calling from the San Francisco hospital to let you know mr techno is in stable condition and you can visit anytime you'd like."

I let out a sigh of relief "okay thank you is he awake yet?" I asked now breathing hard. "He's still asleep but he should be up any minute"

I nodded even though she couldn't see me. "Okay I'll be there in a couple minutes" I said before hanging up not bothering to brush my hair or change just walking out the door.

I drove to the hospital didn't hesitate to walk in the front door and ask about techno. "I'm here to see techno my name is y/n l/n" the nurse nodded and said "he's in room 324"

I nodded and walked away. I got to his room took a deep breath before walking in. He was still asleep.

I sat next to him grabbing his hand rubbing small circles with my thumb. His eyes slowly fluttered open.

A big smile grew on my face as he opened his eyes. "I told you I'd make it" he said with a smile. I couldn't help but cry.

Tears running down my face I responded "did they tell you what happened?" Referring to the flatlining. He shook his head "no what happened?"

I squeezed his hand before pulling out his good luck charm from my pocket and handing it to him.

"It was you good luck charm not mine" I said. He laughed and took the keychain. I decided to tell him what happened.

"They said the surgery was successful but after a couple hours you flatlined for 10 minutes they managed to bring you back without and permanent damage."

He smiled "what can I say, technoblade never dies" tears running down my face I started laughing my ass off.

"Your such a fucking idiot.... I love you" I said while squeezing his hand tighter. He smiled "I love you too baby, did you tell my family?"

I nodded "they thought it would be better if Sammy didn't know, I also told Wilbur" he nodded "okay have you gone home?"

I nodded "last night, they made me I stayed the rest of the time I didn't want to leave your side" he smiled "you need to go home and eat"

I shook my head "not until you can come home with me." He gave me a look before saying "baby I just had surgery it's going to be a couple days before I can go home"

I shook my head "I don't care I want to stay with you" he weakly raised his hand to my face wiping my tears.

"Fine then can you at least pick up food and come back to eat?" I didn't want to leave him but I hadn't eaten in days so I nodded.

"I'll be back" I said before kissing his head and walking out. I picked up some McDonald's for me, techno wasn't aloud to eat yet.

I went back as fast as possible without speeding. I made it back and walked into his room he smiled when he saw me.

I ate while we talked. Just talking about upcoming lore. The doctor came in after an hour.

"So we have some news" I looked up at the doctor as he spoke again. "We're going to keep you for a week then we can send you home, do you live with anyone else that could keep an eye on you for a couple days so you can get settled in?" He asked techno.

I looked down at techno and said "you can stay with me" he nodded the doctor continued "alright so after a week I recommend you stay with your girlfriend for a couple days until you feel 100% good after those couple days you'll be free to drive again."

Techno nodded. The doctor left I just sat with techno. Insurance covered the cost of his car. Surprisingly his car didn't have that much damage.

They said the drunk driver rear ended techno pushing him into the car in front of him. The pole came from the drunk drivers car and went through his chest.

They were working on getting his car fixed up. I had to pick it up tomorrow. The doctor said I could spend the night with techno.

Techno tried to convince me to go home but I refused. We fell asleep holding hands. He's okay.

He's alive.

I woke up the next morning to technos phone ringing. He couldn't really move so I grabbed it and said "it's the car place do you want me to answer" he nodded

*call convo*

"Hello"

"Hello is this techno?"

"I'm his girlfriend is his car ready?"

"Yep it's ready for pick up just to let you know techno has y/n l/n listed as the person picking it up no one else can"

"Alright thank you" I said before handing up.

I grabbed my things and said "I'm gonna pick up your car and drop it off at your house" he nodded.

I left drove to technos house parked my car and walked to the car place. It was only a ten minute walk.

I got technos car and drove back to his house. Then I took my car and drove back to the hospital.

The next couple days were hell. I stayed with techno sleeping on a chair next to him. He would make me pick up food for myself then we'd talk and go back to sleep.

He was moving a lot more, the doctor allowed him to stand up and walk around but only for a couple minutes at a time.

It was now three days until he could go home, he was walking a lot more, he was sitting up and allowed to eat solid food again.

They said there are no signs of permanent damage and he has only been getting better. I was happy to hear that.

The next three days went bye really slow. We did the same things as usual. We took walks around the hospital I would pick us up some food we'd talk Watch tv then go to sleep.

We had to cancel a few lore streams because I didn't want to leave techno. Wilbur understood and he let the others know what happened.

He said they all took it pretty well other than Tommy and tubbo. He told them in person and he said tubbo burst out in tears Tommy was in shock.

He took them home and they both texted me in a group chat.

*text convo*

Tommy
Is techno going to be okay?

Tubbo
Wilbur told us

Y/n
The doctors said he's only getting better, we're going home tomorrow.

Tubbo
Thank god I was so scared

Tommy
Me too

Y/n
I know it's scary but he's okay so don't worry about it alright?

Tommy
I'll try

Tubbo
Okay but keep us updated

Y/n
I will I have to go, goodnight boys

Tommy
It's 8 am for us but goodnight

Tubbo
Night

*end of text convo*

Techno gets discharged tomorrow if his test results come back good. I fell asleep next to him again.

Please be okay.

1270 words