Chapter 17

I think of him constantly even though he doesn't do the same.

I went to sleep that night. I slept terribly thinking of him. I woke up to a good morning text from techno he texts me all the time but never in the morning unless it's important.

*text convo*

Techno
Good morning

Y/n
Morning is there something you need?

Techno
Wow I can't just text my best friend?

Y/n
Well you can you just don't in the morning unless it's important.

Techno
I'm just excited!!!

Y/n
About?

Techno
A little birdy told me someone's birthday is coming up...

Y/n
And who's birthday would that be?

-I know he's talking about mine but I didn't want to tell him until it's late because I don't want him wasting his money on a gift for me.-

Techno
Oh it's this super amazing girl you wouldn't know her. She goes to a different school.

Y/n
Techno you dropped out of collage.

Techno
...I don't want to talk about it. Why didn't you tell me your birthday is in two weeks I found out from Wilbur.

Y/n
I didn't want you to have time to waste your money on a gift for me. I was planning on telling you the day before.

Techno
But you told Wilbur? I thought I was your best friend :(

Y/n
Haha You are but Wilbur knew before I ever met you techno.

Techno
Whatever so anything planned?

Y/n
Absolutely nothing. My family invited me to there house but it's like an hour drive and doesn't seem fun so I'm probably just gonna get drunk.

Techno
Alone?

Y/n
You can come.

Techno
Your not inviting any of your other friends?

Y/n
Bold of you to assume I have friends

Techno
Kylie

Y/n
She's an acquaintance.

Techno
Fair okay gtg I need to figure out a birthday present for you.

Y/n
No techno don't. I don't need anything. Don't waste your money on me okay?

Techno
I have to get you something.

Y/n
No don't waste your money

Techno
What if I promise it'll be cheap?

Y/n
Fine keep it cheap and small no more than $20 got it?

Techno
Sir yes sir.

*end of text convo*

I don't like when people spend money on me it makes me feel bad. I went throughout my day as usual I streamed, I invited techno but he said he's busy so I invited Wilbur yet again he was busy I ended up trying to invite Tommy and tubbo but they were both busy.

What the fuck.

Finally after like 20 minutes of talking I got quackity to join me. We just messed around for a couple hours.

Once I finished techno texted me

*text convo*

Techno
Sorry I was busy earlier can I come over?

Y/n
Of course your always welcome over. And it's alright it was weird everyone was busy today I feel like I'm the only one without a life.

Techno
Haha don't say that I'll be there in 10

*end of text convo*

Soon techno got here I opened the door let him in and we sat on the couch. He was acting weird. It was just a normal conversation but he wouldn't stop smiling.

I wasn't complaining I love his smile but was I missing something? I decided to ignore it. We started talking about how I lied to the cops and soon both started laughing.

We got back to a normal convo and he was still smiling ear to ear. I finally questioned it "what's up with you today?" "What do you mean?" He responded

"You've been smiling this whole time" I said "can't a man just be happy" he said fake offended."well you can but I want to know why" I said

He started talking slowly "soooo....." I gave him a questioning look "I bought your birthday present" he finished "you didn't spend too much money right?" I asked

"I can assure you I didn't 'waste' my money" he did air quotes around the word 'waste' I was about to speak but he continued on "I want to give it to you today though"

"Why" I asked "you need it now" I was confused but said "okay? Do you have it with you?" He nodded grabbing a paper from his pocket and handing it to me.

I took it and looked at him confused the paper was folded so I couldn't see what it was. "What's this?" I asked "just open it and see" he responded

I slowly opened the paper to see

*paper*

Status confirmed

To London T2:FR1886

Depart ----- San Francisco

Time ----- 5:30 am

Arrival ----- London

Time ----- 3:30 pm

*end of paper*

They were two plane tickets to London. My mouth immediately dropped as I looked up and said "wha- I- uh- wha- why?"

"I was talking to Wilbur about what I should get you and he mentioned you've been wanting to meet him tommy and tubbo but didn't have enough money to fly out there. Once you told me you had nothing planned for your birthday I booked the flight. That's why everyone was busy today clay nick and George will be there as well." He spoke

I was going to say something but he continued "and before you said blah blah blah don't waste your money I just want you to know it's not a waste and I'm happy I did it."

I was shocked

He continued "we booked an airbnb so we all will stay in one house. Were leaving next week and staying for two weeks"

"Wha- I- techno" is all I could say. I just hugged him. This was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.

"Thank you" is all I said while still hugging. I tried to offer money for the Airbnb but he kept refusing and saying it was already paid for so I ended up giving up.

He started telling me more details "were leaving in exactly 7 days. We're going to be flying for like 10 hours, we'll meet clay and nick at the airport in London then Wilbur is going to pick us up and drive us to the Airbnb. We'll be staying two weeks then coming back. We won't be able to stream but the boys have cameras to film our adventure."

I nodded and asked a couple questions before dragging techno to my room to help me start packing.

Wow

I'm shocked

1090 words