Chapter 67

This is torture.

The rest of the day I spent holding technos hand crying. His mom and dad stayed for a couple hours but had to go home to the rest of their family.

His mom offered me to stay with them for the time being, that sounded amazing but I wasn't leaving technos side.

It was getting late when the doctor came back in and said "are you going to be staying the night?" I just nodded.

"Okay I'll go grab you a blanket and pillow" the doctor said before leaving. Techno had been asleep all day.

The nurse said to let him sleep and when he wakes up to stay calm and tell him not to move too much.

I checked my phone for the first time since I got here. It was almost midnight. I had to tell everyone.

I immediately called Wilbur.

*call convo*

"Hello? You woke me up" Wilbur said.

Still crying I said "I have to tell you something"

Realizing I was serious Wilbur sounded worried "are you okay?"

I shook my head even though he couldn't see me. "Techno was in a car crash"

"Wha- is he going to be okay?" Wilbur asked clearly freaking out.

"I don't know" I explained the whole story to Wilbur about the pole and surgery and the whole 50/50 chance.

Wilbur was crying on the other end trying to hide it. "I'm scared Wilbur"

"Me too" is all he said both sitting silent I said "do I tell everyone else or wait?"

I didn't want to worry everyone if it wasn't necessary. "I think you should just wait to see what happens but I'm glad you told me" he said

"I can't live without him Wilbur" I said honestly.

"Don't think like that, he has a 50% chance that's all he needs he'll make it okay?"

"You don't know that" is all I said before hanging up. I couldn't bare to talk to him right now.

I just started crying harder putting my forehead on technos hand. I sat crying for a few minutes before I heard "it's okay baby I'm okay"

I looked up to see techno barley holding his eyes open. I smiled crying harder I couldn't say anything.

"Don't cry I'm here okay I'm here" he said while trying to sit up. I Immediately stopped him. "No no no don't move don't move"

He stopped his movements and said "what did the doctors say? Is it bad" how do I break it to him? How do I tell the love of my life I'm possibly sending him to his death.

I needed to change the subject "I didn't know you set me as your primary contact" he smiled his eyes closing slowly.

"Of course I did I love you" I smiled squeezing his hand. "I love you too" with that he fell back asleep.

I need to tell him the second he wakes up tomorrow. But how? How do I tell him?

I didn't sleep that night. I tried so hard but I couldn't. All I could do was watch the rise and fall of technos chest.

Worried it would stop at any second. I checked my phone around 6 am to see a bunch of texts from Wilbur.

*text convo*

Wilbur
Please call me back

Think positive

He's a fighter