Chapter 10- the boggart.

Your POV:
It was finally time for the class that we've heard so much about. Defence against the dark arts. Time to meet our new teacher. Professor Lupin.

I'd seen Lupin a few times around school, and he always went out of his way to give me a big smile. He seemed really nice.

I kept thinking about the dog last night, but haven't seen it since. It really confused me, maybe I should tell someone?

Me and Fred were slightly early for class and as we approached the door, it had already swung open, "ah, Mr Weasley? Miss Wood? Is it?" We nodded, "Lovely to meet you, if you take a seat, the class should be starting soon."
I took a seat at the back of the class, next to Fred, who smiled happily at me.

The rest of the class filled in and Lupin stood at the front, looking exceptionally cheery.
"Hello class. My name is Professor Lupin, I'll be your new DADA teacher. Today is quite exciting, we're going to be looking at Boggots, van anyone tell me what this is?" He asks.
No one raised their hand so I decided to answer.
"Yes miss Wood." He said, gesturing for me to answer.
"No one knows what they look like. They take the form of what an individual fears the most," I smile.
"Excellent, 10 point to Gryffindor" he continues, "so there's a simple spell that can banish a boggart. So first of all I'd like you to repeat after me 'ridikulous'!" The students repeated and the professor began to continue explaining how the creatures work. "I want to imagine your worst fear, and turn it into something funny. Now line up,'let's have a try"
Instantly, students began to pile towards the front of the class, pushing and shoving to get in front. Angelina was up first, the Boggart turned into a giant snake, Fred scoffed from behind me, earning him an elbow in the ribs.
"Reidikulous!" She yelled. The giant snake was replaced by a Clowne.

We moved further and further to the front, awaiting our turns. I gestured for Fred to go first. He stepped up and to my surprise, sprawled out on the floor was George covered in blood. This however, wasn't what surprised me, at the side of George lay a blood covered, surly dead....
me.

Fred shouted the spell and immediately we were happy again, me and George had gotten up and were dancing around with Fred. Fred smiled at the sight but when he came back into reality his cheeks flushed red.
Lupin called for my turn and the boggart was revealed.

A baby and a man were dancing and singing around in the kitchen. Just then the laughter was interrupted by 5 angry looking men storming into the room. One took the baby and the other 4 pinned the man to the ground.
"Y/N I love you! I'll find you again!" The man shouted.

The next thing I know, I'm laid out on the floor, looking up to about 20 shocked faces. Lupin is looking down at me and Fred is clutching my side. I try to get up, "woah steady. You've just passed out!" Lupin says to me, "class dismissed" he calls. There are a few groans but everyone turns and leaves the room. Leaving only me and Fred, Lupin smiles eagerly at me.
"Y/N, what you just saw then, was a memory. A rather important one as well. A memory that has been locked in your brain for the last 16 years of your life. Do you have any idea what it was?"
"Erm no not really. I'm going to try and work it out though" I say, I'm rather confused.
"Alright, run along them" Lupin says, "also eat this. It's alright it's only chocolate." I mumble a quick, thanks and make my way out of the classroom.

I take Freds hand, pulling him along with me.
"What was that all about?" He ask me.
"Not a clue" I reply, honestly.

The week comes to an end quickly, and people prepare for the weekend. Me and Fred are sat in my room as usual, discussing our plans.
"So what are you thinking of doing this weekend Y/N?" He asks me.
"Nothing really. There's not much I can do" I say.
"Well, would you like to come to Hogsmede with me? Just the two of us?" He asks.
Was he asking me out on a date?
"Sure why not" I notice the once nervous looking face, has been replaced by a smile.