Chapter 38- the first task

Y/N pov:

Dread. That's what I'm filled with. I could get up this morning for the last time. No, I can't think about that. I'm going to be fine. At least. I hope I will.

"Good morning Y/N." The door to my bedroom opened and my three favourite boys entered.
"Woah. What are you doing up?" George laughed, and I rolled my eyes.
"Didn't get much sleep." I was applying make up and letting my curls flow down again.
"Y/N it's alright to be nervous, your going to fight a dragon for gods sake." Lee said.
"I'm not nervous." I lied, I know there's no shame in it, but there was no way I was admitting it. If I'm going to do this, I'm going to do it with confidence.

"Look. All you've got to do is try your best, complete the task as you can, it doesn't matter if you win or lose." Fred said, putting his arm around me.

I threw him off, "fuck that. If I'm being forced to compete. I'm gonna fucking win!"

The three laughed and we headed down for breakfast where I was greeted with many 'good lucks' one even coming from the person I least expected.
"Y/N. Can I speak with you a moment?" Draco came up to me, pulling my arm.
Fred stepped in front of me, "back off Malfoy."
"Oh and what are you going to do about that?" Draco challenged.
They were now eye to eye, challenging each other, Fred at a much higher advantage as a result of his height. It was scary yet so attractive. I've never seen Fred like this. So protective, it made butterfly's form in my lower stomach. Too bad most of my view was blocked by this bleach head.

"Freddie. It's fine. I'll be fine, he won't hurt me. I'll meet you in the hall."  He turned around to look at me, he looked hesitant and it was obvious he wanted to stay. "Go on Freddie."

He sighed and turned back around to Draco, "you hurt her. Consider yourself dead."
"Relax. I'm not going to hurt your little girl friend." Draco put his hands up in surrender.
"You better not!" Demanded Fred. It seemed that Fred didn't even notice the girl friend remark, either that or he just chose to ignore it. "Love, if you need me I'm only in the hall, alright?"
"Alright Freddie." He trusted off to catch up with George and Lee.

"Boyfriend eh?" Draco smirked.
"Shut it! What's wrong dear cousin?"
"Well I know we don't see eye to eye, but I feel that I would be dead if I didn't wish my cousin good luck."
"Oh my god! Did Draco Malfoy actually say something sweet!" I gasped, sarcastically.
"Shut it! My mum would kill me if I didn't look out for you. Your not as bad as I thought." He said.
"Oh my, oh my, a good luck and a compliment. Wow. Today must be my lucky day."
"Shut up. But seriously, don't die on me. You may be a Gryffindor but I'm still rooting for you. Now go. And don't tell anyone about this or else the competition won't even get the chance to kill you. You'll already be dead." He said.
I laughed and turned to walk away.
"Oh and Y/N!" I spun around, "that Weasley give you any trouble and you know where it is to find me." I shook my head and walked off.

I walked back into the hall and to my annoyance, the group was sat at their usual spot but mine had been filled. Angelina fucking Johnson. I bit my lip trying to hide my screams. As soon as I had entered the room, Fred had pulled Angelinas hand off his arm and ran towards me.
"Are you alright? He didn't hurt you did he?" He demanded to know.
"Freddie I'm fine. Stop worrying." I laughed.
"Anyway, I guess I'll just sit with Harry." I said, eyeing Angelina.
"What! No that's ridiculous. If she won't move, you can sit on my knee. Come on. It's the first task today." He pulled me along to the group, ignoring my constant pleading. Luckily Harry was sat with the group so I could actually talk to him about the task. I walked past the back of Harry and ruffled his hair, "Hazza."
"M..morning Y/N." The poor boy looked so pale and was trembling. I sat down at the side, to everyone's amusement on Freds knee.
"Wow Freddie. Well done." George patted Fred on the back and Angelina stomped off down the hall. Fred had his arms gripped around my waist so that I didn't fall off. His grip remained.
"You know I can get off you now Freddie?" I said, seeing that he wasn't moving any time soon.
"Right. Sorry." His face flushed.
Fred, George and Lee had now began their own conversations.
"Hazza you'll be fine. Honestly. You've practised your spells and you'll do great, I know it. Ron will also come around." I said, adding the end as I noticed him looking wearily at Ron, who sat up a few seats.
"Thanks Y/N." We side hugged before Dumbledore and Professor Moody entered the room.