Chapter 57- the second task

It had been almost two weeks since the date. Our very first date! And I couldn't come to terms with how perfect the boy I was in love with, really was. I couldn't ask for anything else, and he had supported me through everything. Whether that be, when I fell asleep in the common room, and he carried me up, last week. Or even to the many nights he has spent, laying at the side of me.

That was until last night. We had just returned from the library, where me and Fred had come up with yet another plan for the second task, and he had been escorted away by Professor McGonagall. And hadn't returned. Although my friends had reassured me that everything would be alright, it just, it wasn't like him. Not with the second task being tomorrow, he wouldn't just leave. He would be here for me, constantly, reassuring me that everything would be alright, when I was worried about the task. Something was wrong, and I knew it. That wasn't the worst part though. I had met up with Harry this morning, only to find that he too, couldn't find Ron or Hermione. I couldn't even bring up the joke that they were off snogging or something. The situation was too serious, and the only people who seemed to understand that, were me and Hardy. It was like no one else cared, not even Freds twin brother.

I had begun to make my way to the first task. I recalled the words inside of my head,
"An hour long you'll have to look,
To recover what we took."
I still had no idea what that meant, 'they' whoever that may be, had taken a possession of mine, and the simple thing, was to retrieve the item. I walked with George and Lee, worried out of my mind about Fred. He'd usually be here reassuring me that everything would be alright, yet he wasn't, and as much as I love George and Lee, they can't comfort me the way he does. No one can.

The air was warm, and the grass smelled fresh. The middle of spring. The fields remained full of flowers and it put a smile on my face to see the excitement on everyone's faces as they made their was to the task. I wasn't at all worried, I knew exactly what I was doing, what worried me, was the face that he was missing. It's like my life is him. He is my home. And when he's not here, I feel out of place.

"Come on Y/N. I'm sure Fred will be along soon. He will be fine. Let's just concentrate on you, do you know what your doing?" Lee tries to distract me, as he makes a weary face at George. The two are obviously concerned about the disappearance of Fred, but are trying to stay strong for me. They know that if they start worrying, I'll be more distracted from the task, and more likely to die. Which obviously isn't good.
"Yes, me and Fred have been over it. It's all good. I just wish he was here. It's not like him. It's not like him at all." I said, looking around at the many faces that were smiling happily at me.
"Y/N!" I heard a scream in my direction, and whizzed around to see Cedric running towards me.
"Ced!" I shout, he too looked incredibly worried, as he embraced me in a hug. Both George and Lee stepped back from the scene, a look of disapproval on their faces. I just rolled my eyes at the stupid boys and began to wonder why Cedric, of all people, was panicking.
"I need your reassuring words! I can't find Cho anywhere, she's gone." He says, looking around frantically.
"I can't find Fred either!" Something definitely wasn't adding up, but that's when it hit me. Something they took. A prized possession something we love more than anything.

"Holy shit." I say, although the words barely came out.
"What?" Asked Cedric.
"Ced. An hour long you'll have to look. To discover what we took. Fuck! Ced theyve got them! That's what we have to retrieve! A person for each of us. Ced! They've got Fred!" My heart was racing, and without taking a look back, I had leapt into one of the boats, followed by Cedric, no longer even acknowledging my friends and their shouts. I had to find him. Before it was too late. I paddled harder than I even had done before, despite the slow use of magic, if I was going to reach him, I had to do it fast.

"Welcome, to the second task!" Ludo Bagmans voice roared above the crowd, "a day we shall remember. Where all five of our champions, discover what is missing from them. On the sound of the cannon, all champions may begin."
I got ready, ready for the cannon, I blocked out the conversations above, and focused on the task.
BOOM!
I transformed into the same shark I had done in the bathroom, gills opened on the side of my neck, and I quickly took form. People gasped at the sight, a beached shark- literally. And that's when I took a giant leap into the water, where an icy chill rushed through my body. Here we go again.