110- Promise

Y/N's pov:

Only three days later and it was finally time for Bill and Fleur's wedding.
She had all her family staying in a nearby 'hotel', some muggle thing that I hadn't really ever heard of.
Sounded like the Leaky Cauldron to me though.

I was rather excited for the wedding, perhaps something good might come from it.
We'd had a lot gone off in the last couple of months, so a much needed time to relax and celebrate was surely in order.

Fleur however, was panicking like crazy.
Her dress needed altering, her hair and makeup wasn't planned and she was running around like a mad woman.

The pair hadn't received much support from the rest of the family. Ginny for some reason hated Fleur's guts and Molly wasn't too fond either- which isn't like her.
I just don't think they've given her a proper chance.

Which, even though it wasn't my place, made me feel that I had to step in.
She was my longest friend after all.

———-
A day before:

"I can't believe you're allowing this to happen, mum. She's going to ruin his life!"

Molly sighed with a hand on her head, "I don't like her either, Ginny. But Bill isn't going to change his mind. I've already tried."

It seemed not to occur to them that my temper was short. Nor did it ever seem that they realised Fleur was my oldest friend.

"I don't think either of you are giving her a chance." I said boldly, startling the two women in front of me, who had the nerve to look guilty, "she's a lovely girl. Yes, she's different. But so was I when you first met me, Molly. Fleur is French, not from another planet."

"But she's so snobbish." Ginny exclaimed, itching her eyebrows with a frown.
I shook my head, "no she's not. She just wants her wedding to be perfect, which I'm sure you would as well Ginny."

The ginger girl sighed, but nodded, offering me a friendly smile, "I'm sorry. I'll give her a chance."
"That's all I ask for from both of you." I smiled, "but Bill needs all the help he can get, so that he can have everything ready for them. It's a big day tomorrow and I'm sure that your kindness would go a long way."

——————-

"Y/N!"
I looked up with a frown as Fred came running into the room from where I sat on the couch, preparing the flowers for the wedding.

He kissed me on the head as he did every time he was near me, and quickly sat down next to me, his hands being placed on my showing bump.

"I don't know what to do. No one can snap any sense into him."
"Into who, Freddie?"

"Bill of course!" He sighed, "he's freaking out."
I rolled my eyes, placing the box of flowers on to the seat at the side of me and steadying to my feet.
I tried not to roll my eyes too hard when Fred jumped up to help me.

We walked out of the burrow and towards the tent that the boys had began to get ready in. It was a lot smaller that the one the wedding would be held, but a perfect sized dressing room.

"Knock, knock." I said as we reached the outside, pretending to hit the plastic sheets, "can I come in?"

When I didn't receive an answer, I turned to Fred, "wait here a minute."