Chapter 62- the final task

Warning:
Discrete mention of blood, and a mentioning of a panic attack.

Y/N's Pov:

This was it. I was stood in my Captains office, completely alone, as I waited to be called out on to what was the pitch. I didn't even have time to say goodbye to my friends and family, not even Freddie. I felt as if I was going to pass out from the amount of worry and panic I was facing. The silence was eerie. I couldn't hear anything, no cheers, no conversation, nothing. I had tried to distract myself, tried to do anything I could that would mean it took my mind off of what I was about to face. But with that failing, it left me to my negative thoughts, as I tried to come up with a plan. I guess I should be thankful for the dream, after all, no one except me and Harry would know what we was to be facing. I guess, what scared me most though, was I had no idea what would be in the maze. I had made it my goal, to try and find Harry as soon as possible. Like me, Harry didn't care who won or lost, sure it would be nice to win, but as long as we kept each other safe, that was the main thing.

"Y/N." The door swung open, and there they stood, a sight that angered me, it pissed me right off.

"Oh, sweetie, we've missed you." My parents, as in, Oliver's parents. The two people that had managed to ruin my life, since the day I was handed over to them. The people who, never celebrated my birthday with me, sent me to France at such a young age, not allowing me to return home for Christmas, the ones that forbid me to play quidditch anymore. I couldn't believe it, just because I have achieved something, in other people's eyes, now they want to be aa part of my life.

"Yes, can I help you?" I replied, I just continued to rummage in my desk, not looking for anything in particular, but I didn't want to look at all interested in what they wanted or why they were here. I know I was being rude, but they had treated me with nothing but pain and suffering from the moment I met them, I had to buy my own things, make a living for myself, which I had quite successfully done, so I did not, for one minute, want to listen to any crappy apology they had to offer.

"We've just came to say good luck to our little girl." The man said, obviously offended by my tone of speech.

"Well, she's not here, so you might want to check the stands." I say, still not looking up, and continuing to busy myself. I heard a sigh, and the door slam closed, and that's when I knew I had made the right decision. If they really had wanted to be in my life so badly, they would have tried harder to stay, not have given up with one apology.

The door opened again, and I felt my blood boil, I was ready to scream at them. However, when I picked my head up with an angry expression, it quickly softened when I saw him at the door.

"Freddie." I whispered, not hesitating to walk into his open embrace, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, someones got to walk you down the tunnel, we were all fighting over who's going to be the one to do so." He laughs, "I of course had most reason to. And also, I am not supposed to tell you, but your predictions were right love, A maze."

It felt like my heart was about to beat out of my chest, the only word I could make out, when we began to walk was a simple "Oh."

When we reached the end of the tunnel, Fred pulled me in for a tight hug, and kissed me softly on the lips, "Good luck my love, and remember I love you so much. It doesn't matter about winning, just whatever happens, make sure you return safely. To me." I can see the tears in his eyes as he speaks, and the rapid breathing he was displaying. I think he was more nervous than me.

"I love you Freddie." I gave him one last smile, before turning around, and making my way on to the pitch, no turning back.

As I entered the stadium, cheers erupted from all the people who had come to watch. I was stood in the middle of a maze, and a crowd, not knowing which I'd rather face. Harry, seemed to have the same expression as me, as we ditched our stands, standing with our arms around one another. Around the stands, people dressed in red, to represent mine and Harry's houses. There were a variety of banners, but a small smile lingered on my face after seeing that many of them, were for me. It gave me confidence to know, that people actually believed that I could do it, that I could win this thing. And after knowing that, I was determined, I was going to win this thing.