Chapter 66- cheer up

Warning: this chapter contains conversations that are aimed towards older readers.

Freds pov:
"Mum. I don't know what to do. She's always so sad and I know what she's been through is tough, and I'm trying to be there for her, but I hadn't thought she would have taken it this badly."
It had been nearly a month since Y/N had encountered you-know-who and nearly a month since the death of one of her close friends. I knew that she had a lot on her mind, and was obviously traumatised by the recent events, but she couldn't stay this way forever. She needed to move on, and as harsh as it sounds, accept that he was gone. I just want to help her move on and enjoy her life again. Doing things that she enjoys, not fearing her life.

"Fred. She's been through so much, that's expected. It's going to take a while for her to heal, but if you do want to help, tell her. Ask her what she would like. She might want the comfort, for you to be there for her. Or she might want a distraction, a distraction so she can put her mind at rest. Just do whatever it takes for her to fell better Fred. And be there for her." My mums words made me think, maybe there was something I could do. Maybe I could take her somewhere, maybe liven the spirits a little.

That's what I made it my mission to do, to liven the spirits around the house today. The house was already boring and dark, so why not liven it up a little. I could now do magic, so why not. Pretty much everyone in the house are feeling really down lately, so it might be what everyone needs, after a month so unhappy.

"George." I whispered, entering our supposed shared bedroom, that we had originally had. Now, however, he and Ron are sharing a room, as I've pretty much moved in with Y/N. I was whispering so that I didn't wake Ron.
"What." He said, groggily, not very happy about being awoken.
"Get up, I need your help." I said, tugging on his arm.
He eventually sighed before standing up and stretching, before walking out of the room, and following me into the living room that was now accompanied by Ginny.

Me and George sat in the back, whilst Ginny sat on the sofa reading her book.
"What's wrong?" George asked, rubbing the sleep out of his eye.
I kept my voice in a whisper, "I want to cheer up the house a little. Make it more lively and happy.  No disrespect to Cedric, but we've been sad for long enough. He wouldn't want us all to be like this, it's time we move on, and live our lives."
"And what have I got to do with this?" George asked.
"Your my twin George. I want to achieve mischief, and how could I do it without you." I asked smirking. George's face matched mine as we got to work on the planning.

—————————
Y/N pov:
"Morning princess." I rolled over, opening my eyes to see Fred positioned at the side of me, the same place in which he was every time I woke up.
"Morning Freddie." I groaned, sinking into the arms he had placed around me.
"Come on. Let's get up darling. It's time we did something at least a little productive." He encouraged. I groaned slightly at the words 'get up' but I knew that he was only trying to be supportive in every way possible, so did as he had asked.
I pulled on some fresh clothes, did my hair and brushed my teeth. There was no point in dressing up as we had no reason to, it's not like we were going anywhere. The only times I was allowed out of the house, were simply to practise with the quidditch team, and occasionally attend the matches, all had recently been cancelled due to the so called 'claim' of Voldemort's return. However, as the minister hadn't believed these claims, the season was due to continue in a couple of weeks, to both my excitement and dread.

I followed Fred down the stairs, and once I had entered the kitchen, I saw that the room was brightly decorated, hot pink with purple glitter in the paint. Every inch of the place was pink, from the walls and tables, to even the cooking elements. Laughing, I walked around the first floor of the house, seeing every room a different colour, but in every room, each object contained the colour.