Chapter 45- getting ready

Y/N's pov:

"Y/N! Get up you lazy arse! It's the day of the ball!" Lee said giddily. For some reason, he had become very excited about the ball, god knows why. Who likes dancing?

It was a week later and the dreaded day had finally come. The day I needed to dress to perfection, in uncomfortable clothes, smile, and dance in front of three schools, with a guy who is like my brother. I had to pretend to be happy with with Charlie, when in reality, all I wanted to do was be with Fred. Don't get me wrong, Charlie is a great guy, and I love him to death. But I don't love him the way I love Freddie. In fact, I don't love anyone the way I love Freddie.

"Uhhhggg, Lee. Piss off." I groaned.
"No! I've finally picked up the courage to tell him! I'm going to tell George, how I feel!" He said.
I shot up instantly, "really?"
His face was beaming and I'm pretty sure mine mimicked his expression, I pulled him in for a tight hug.
"My two best friends! How much more perfect can it get?" I laugh.
"Yeah but what about me. My two best friends as well!" He wiggled his brows.
"I don't like Fred!" I lie, already knowing he wouldn't fall for it.
"And when did I mention Fred?" He said smugly.

"What did I do now." Fred just walked into the room and laid down at the side of me on my bed.
"Well we were just discussing Y/N and..." Lee trailed off when I hit his arm hard.
"Ouch! What was that for?" He began saying, but I cut him off, "we were erm. Just saying how you owe me a dance Fred."

"Oh yeah. Erm. Alright. I'm sure Angelina wouldn't mind if I did the champion dance with you. I'm guessing you can't dance with Harry?" Fred said, a little shocked.
This pissed me off, he didn't think I could get a date.
"Well no. I just thought we could share a dance. Just like me and Lee plan too, well, and Georgie." I say.
"Well someone's gotta lead you in. Your a champion after all." He said.

He really was pushing my limits. The worst thing was, he was unaware of what he was even doing.
"Yeah but my date will be taking me in. Sorry Freddie." I say.
He had a confused expression on his face. "Your date?"
"Yes. My date." I said.

"Well who asked you?" He said in an annoyed tone.
I scoffed at him, "quite a few people actually. Is that alright with you? Or do I need your permission?"
He seemed like he instantly regretted what he had said, but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of his accepted apology, so I scoffed and walked into the bathroom. Poor Lee didn't know what to do, but I could hear their conversation through the door.

"Your an arse sometimes Fred."
"Shut up Lee. Don't you think I know that. Look i was going to say sorry." Fred said.
"Sorry doesn't cut it Fred. You need to control your jealousy, she can go with whoever she wants. And she's turned down over 20 guys!" Lee said.
"I fucking know! Please tell her to come out!" He begged.
"No Fred. Give her some time to cool off, and then approach her properly, instead of throwing false accusations." Lee said.

A door slammed, followed by a knock on the bathroom door.
"Yes?" I say annoyed.
"Y/N it's me. Please let me in." I opened the door slowly and Lee stood before me with a look of sympathy on his face.
When he saw my down expression he leaped in to hug me. It's very rare that I fall out with Fred. It always gets made up quickly, but this time was different, it wasn't just a little disagreement, he insulted me, and I wont let him do it again.

"Thanks Lee." I mumble into his neck, "now, come on. We're going to be the centre of attention tonight."
He laughs and we make our way to breakfast.

Fred avoided me pretty much the whole day. Lee and George told me that he was thinking of a way to say sorry, it better be good.

——
It was around four hours before the ball, and Ginny and Hermione had pulled me up to get ready. Why four hours before? My question exactly. But I just got told "don't you know anything about beauty?"