Chapter 65- The letter

Warning- quite a sad chapter.

It was soon time for us to return home for the summer. I had been told that everyone would be arriving straight at Grimmauld place this morning, not even taking the train. But there was something I had to do first. Something, I had to do alone, after everyone had gone. So that's what I did.

I am waiting for only Fred and Molly to use the Floo network before what's supposed to be my turn. In which case, I will not be using, until I've had my last moments, to get the closure I needed of such a good friend.
The Weasleys had all left, apart from Fred. Leaving only him and me remaining. He placed a soft kiss on my head, wiping the tears that threatened to fall from my eyes once more, and saying "see you in a minute."
With that he disappeared into the fireplace.

We were using the floo network in Dumbledores office, and who really, had just left us to it. After hearing Fred disappear into the fire, he walked into the room. He must have known that I would be here, as he looked up to me with a soft smile and said, "it's empty. Do what you have to do."
I don't know how that man knew pretty much everything, but I felt thankful that I wouldn't have to explain myself.

As I walked to the Hufflepuff common room, praying that I knew the password, I couldn't help but think about the past year. It had been a day since the death of Cedric, only a day, and I couldn't control the emotions I was facing. Sometimes I was angry, sometimes sad, but most of all, I felt guilty, knowing that I couldn't save him, when he needed me most. I wasn't a quitter, and yet, I quit so easily. I kept telling myself, surely I could have broken the freezing spell, that was placed on me. I knew it wasn't healthy to think about it that way, but I couldn't help myself. I didn't even tell Fred what had happened that night, not my family.

I reached the Hufflepuff common room, where a grand painting stood with pride on the wall. "Password."
I didn't know the password, so simply used an excuse, "dumbledore has sent me. He has granted me access."
Without hesitation the portrait swung open to reveal a cosy room. It wasn't like the Gryffindor common room, most of the this room was an orangey-yellow colour, and contained mostly of green plants. It looked pretty really, and cozy, it is the house of kindness after all, so it really reflects that.

I made my way up to the boys dorm, well, what I was assuming was the boys dorm. I just followed the same direction you would have done in the Gryffindor common room. I was looking for the prefects dorm, as I was aware that Cedric was one. When I finally reached it, I took a deep breath before entering.

The room was deserted. Clothes had gone, his pictures had been taken, all of his things moved. It looked like no one had ever been here, like they had gotten rid of the evidence. I could have cried at the sight. His quidditch shirt remained stood in his open closet, I don't know why, I thought it would have been taken. And there was a ring positioned on his desk, the ring I remembered always being on his finger.
When I asked him about it, he told me it was his mums. And that she had given it to him, before she died.

I noticed the letter, the one I had come to look for positioned on his bed. So set myself down at the side, taking a deep breath before opening it.

Dear Y/N.
Well, it's your bestie- well, maybe not, but you were certainly mine. In fact, you're probably the only true friend I've ever had, not everyone would do anything for you.

So I guess, if your reading this, it means I'm dead. Sucks to be me, am I right?
I want you to remember Y/N, that, I'm probably in a better place now, and I'll probably even find my mum. I can't wait to see her again. I hope that I at least got to say goodbye to you. And I hope I'll see you again- not too soon though please!