Chapter 67- a date

Warning: Start of a smut towards the end. Mature topics discussed. Please don't read if your not comfortable and I'm sorry that it isn't the best. 

Y/N's Pov: 

It had been nearly a week since the dreaded talk from both parents and me and Fred had both decided that we should maybe have a little talk about it. So that's where we are now, sat in my room, on my bed, the furthest apart we had ever been. Whether it was the nerves, whether it was awkwardness, I don't know. But what I did know, was that it wasn't as uncomfortable as I had imagined, it was just a little nerve wracking to be literally discussing sex with your boyfriend, after your parents had butted in.

I looked over the where Fred was perched on the edge of the bed, his head in his hands and a look of embarrassment across him.
"Freddie." I almost whisper, which causes him to look up, and meet my eyes for the first time since we had decided to have this conversation. "It's alright. It's best that we talk about this and make ourselves clear." I say, patting the bed at the side of me.

"Y/N." He begins, "I'll be brutally honest with you. I want to. Like really want to, I have for a while. But I don't want to make it weird between us, and I certainly don't want you to
feel at all uncomfortable. This is entirely your choice , and I will respect your decision either way." I send him a soft smile, really touched by his words, that obviously came from the heart.

I laugh, I mainly say it to myself, but Fred is there too, "I feel like we're making such a big deal out of nothing."

"Look. It's the next step in our relationship. It is a big things. It's both our firsts and I have no doubt that it will be the best night of my life. I love you Y/N. And this is a choice that only you can make on your own." For some reason, whatever the situation is, when I'm balling my eyes out, or when we are having little conversations like now, he always manages to reassure me. To make sure we are on the same page about everything. And it only makes me love him so much more, to see how considerate he really is.

"Fred. I trust you with my life. I want to too." I say.
 He smiled softly before saying, "but I want to make it special. So let's go out on a date."
I look at him shocked at the simple six words he had just said 'let's go out on a date .'

When he notices my confused expression, he just laughs, "I've realised that we haven't really had a proper date. Not one that's not Hogsmede or something, so let's go."

I've always been told that when you know the time is right, you'll just go for it. That's what I wish happens with Fred. That the time is right, you tell each other how much you love one another, and then you have one of the best night of your lives. That's what the books say. The many many books that I've read, the stories always the same. So here I am, not rushing into anything, and allowing the further to depend on what's going to happen.

"Don't be stupid, we can't go." I say, remembering that we had been forbidden to leave the house.
"Come on. Where's my girlfriend, she's never followed the rules." He laughs, scuffling my hair.
I sigh, "Freddie, we aren't even allowed to send any letters. Poor Harry thinks we've all forgotten about him."
"Y/N, I refuse to live my life trapped. If all this comes to a war, there's a good chance we all die. And so I refuse to spend any moment of these last few years hidden away, and not doing everything that I want to do." He said, I could see where he was coming from. If we only had another couple of years to live, would we really want to spend it here, cleaning all day, and mourning your dead friend? 

"Fine." I sigh, "Pick me up at 6." I laugh.
A cheeky grin forms on his face as he scurries out of the room, no doubt to come up with some genius plan with George.