Chapter 105- weirdest feeling.

One of the reactions that I had actually been dreading to see, was those of the professors. The professors who and watched us both grow, Fred since he was 11, and me since I was only a 15 years old. It was scary to think how much time had passed.

I know that I shouldn't have doubted Minnie, she was as happy as ever, going as far to asking me if she could feel for them kicking.
I of course let her, smiling as she brought her hands to my stomach and doing her best to find the area where the baby was, though a look of disappointment appeared when she realised that they weren't going to kick.

"I've not felt a kick at all yet." I sighed, leaning back against the wall, "I'm not sure when they're supposed to start kicking though."

"How far along are you?" She asked.
"I'd say around 12 weeks maybe." I shrugged, "I'm not keeping count, just hoping that Poppy does."
Minnie shook her head with a laugh at my classic attitude, the pair of us watching as Fred caught up with his brothers.

I watched as he went red at something Charlie had said, his hand rubbing the back of his neck as he did when he was nervous or embarrassed. He met my gaze , sending me a small smile before looking away, starting what seemed to be a wrestling match with Bill.

"You should have seen him earlier."
I looked up to Minnie in confusion, waiting for her to continue.
"Gave Dumbledore a right sore nose."

I gasped, "he didn't did he?"
This is where the scolding comes.
"Better for him to do it. It was either that or I'd take one for the team."

I tried not to gasp. I tried not to laugh. And I tried not to congratulate her.
But that didn't work, so I found myself doing all three things.

"He shouldn't have left you there alone Y/N."
Minnie said to me, "it wasn't safe and it wasn't clever. It was entirely stupid and dangerous and he certainly cannot expect me to defend him when he could have helped you, instead of running off like the coward he really is."

I nodded in approval, "that was why everyone was so pissed then?"
"That and because you decided to put yourself in danger again...... Whilst you're pregnant I might add."

I nodded, "I know. I was reckless. I wasn't thinking straight."
She nodded too, her lips forming some sort of smile before she dived back into conversation,
"You should have seen it when Molly kicked him in the area where sun don't shine."

———————-

Fred's pov:

When we got home, we went straight to bed. We didn't have any dinner, or bother showering, or even brushing our teeth, we were both shattered and in need of a long sleep.

I found her in my arms again, wrapped up in a ball as I placed my hand under the curving of her stomach. I hoped that it would help her somehow, perhaps take some of the weight off, even if she was laying down.

I know that that was one thing Y/N missed, being able to sprawl out across the bed, plus she'd always been a fan of laying on her front, now, it wasn't possible.

I rubbed the bottom of her stomach soothingly, smiling as she sighed in her sleep, a pleased smile on her face even as she did.

I couldn't help but smile at her hand that rested on her stomach, it was as if she were guarding them, making sure that nothing would ever hurt them. She was already an excellent mother. I hope that I can be as good a dad as she is a mum.