Chapter 43- dance lesson

Y/N pov:

"The Yule Ball. Is first and for most, a dance."

The older Gryffindors had been called in for a rushed meeting with Minnie. Large musical instruments crowded the corner of one of the rooms, and the chairs and tables moved aside.

Great, a dance. The one thing I hate more than anything. Dancing. We were split up, boys on the left, girls on the right. I sat down next to Hermione and Ginny, who were excitedly tabling about the dance. Whilst I stared across at the boys. Fred and George were trying to repeat a word Minnie had just used, and Harry and Ron seemed to be in a state of giggles at the thought of Snape dancing. I made eye contact with Fred and he shot me a wink, before the pair sat down at the side of Lee. I rolled my eyes at the three who had started mimicking the dance moves when suddenly a
cough caught my attention.

"Mr Weasley, will you join me please?"
Minnie beckoned Ron over, to where he hesitantly stood up, a look of dread washed his face. He was roughly hit on the back by the twins who had begun laughing loudly.
"Now. Place your hand on my waist." McGonagall ordered.
"WHERE?" The boy looked terrified.
"My waist! Do you have problems listening to instructions?"

He gulped and quickly placed his hand where she had directed and started swinging him into a waltz with the music. Everyone was in hysterics, mainly the twins and I regretted what I was about to do next.

I whistled loudly, gaining the attention of the class and shouted, "looking good Ronnikens."
Sadly for me, this also caught the attention of the professor herself, who shot me a look of half disapproval, half smirk.
"Miss Wood. How about you join me up here?"

I looked at her in disbelief. Shit. The one thing I hate and she's going to make me do it in front of half the Gryffindors. I pulled a disgusted face and slumped back into my seat.
"Y/N up here NOW!" She said, raising her voice slightly. I knew she wasn't mad, she liked me for some reason, but that didn't mean she couldn't humiliate me.
"Now how about we find you a partner." She looked around the room, "Fredrick, up here."

Fred grinned mischievously and George patted his back laughing. Fred sent me a wink before putting one hand on my waist, the other connecting our hands. After glaring at him, I put a hand on his shoulder, which received a set of giggles and sarcastic cheers.
"One, two, three. One two three. One two three and one two three."

"I wish she'd shut up." I whispered in Freds ears.
He laughed again, it seems that since he's been dragged up here, his smile has never faded. Did he just really like dancing or something?
"You told me you were a bad dancer." He says.
"That's cos I am." I reply, "I hate it."

"Your not bad at dancing. Your obviously not as skilled as me but your not the worse." He laughs. When we pass George and Lee they whistle the way that I had done.
"So who are you going to ask to the ball then?" Fred asks, still smiling.
"Oh. Yeah right. I'm not even going. Don't tell Minnie that though, she would kill me." I laugh.
I have to say, I could see a little disappointment in his face. "Who are you going to ask then Fredrick." I say, trying my best to put on a fake smile. I already knew his answer, and I was correct.
"Oh I'll probably ask Angelina then, she's the only one that I know will say yes." He shrugs.

I knew it. I called it. I guessed it. It seems that everything Angelina had done to me in the past, every little fight she picked with me, every little insult, it had all gone out of his head. Besides her clinginess, he didn't even see a problem with her. I sighed but tried to cover it.
"Well, I. I hope you have fun."
"Erm. Thanks." He replied, his usual jokiness had disappeared and left was a half hearted smile.

———
The class had eventually ended and we made our way down to the study hall. Snape was walking up and down the corridors making sure everyone was silent and getting on with their work. I sat down with Hermione and Ginny and smiled at the girls as we pulled out our work.