Chapter 44- finding THE dress

I woke up to a letter on my bed side cabinet.

Good morning Y/N.
Please meet me at the Black lake at 9pm.
Bring a coat it's cold.
I know what your thinking. Why the hell is she writing to me after everything.
But please Y/N, I really need to talk to you.
- Angelina.

I looked at the letter in complete confusion. The girl who had been awful to me from the day I stepped foot in the school, wanted to meet me down at the Black Lake to talk. For what? A catch-up.

As quick as I could I got ready and checked the time. 8:50.
I knew the boys would be in soon, so I quickly scribbled down a note and left it on my bed.

Gone for a walk.
- Y/N.

I head down to the black lake. The sun shining onto my back as I walked. The grounds were really pretty in a morning, I remember my early morning runs with Oliver as we got ourselves fit for practise. We may not be related by blood, but there was no doubt in which we were related. We may as well be, both the high level of stubbornness we don't like to admit to.

I walk along the rocky path, enjoying the change in weather, and to my surprise, Angelina sits their alone. Completely alone. No trick, no plan to murder me, nothing. If anything, she just seemed nervous. As I approached, I sat down at the side of her, not speaking a word, only looking out towards the lake. I could feel her watching me, but I just continued to stare. She invited me, she can make the first move.

"First of all, I wanted to apologise. One being, I know mornings aren't your thing." I let out a snigger at her first words, "two, I'm a complete bitch for actually telling you this. That and for agreeing to go to the ball knowing just how much you like him. You see the thing is. I don't think I'm straight Y/N, I think I'm fully gay. And you see, I chose to use the twins as a distraction, a distraction from reality. I know it's selfish, but I didn't know what else to do. The only person in the school who I like, wouldn't say yes, because as far as I know, their straight. So when Fred asked, it was just so easy to say yes. I've been a complete bitch. A selfish fucking bitch, I was awful to you. I thought you were trying to steal my thunder, and it was just easier to pretend to hate you. B the thing is Y/N, I don't hate you. I don't fucking hate you at all, quite the opposite really."

The realisation had kicked in. Angelina liked girls, she couldn't admit her feelings, so it was just easier to hate them. Angelina likes me!

"Oh Angie. Of course I forgive you." I hug her. She hugs me back, "thank you Y/N. I'm guessing you got to what I was hinting at. And I'm pretty sure your straight so can we call it friends?" She asks.
"Course we can." I pull her in for another hug and we start to talk together.

I tell her all about my date with Charlie, and how she can still go with Fred, under the condition that she saves me a dance, and tells Fred how she really feel. If he liked her, there was no way I'm going to let him have his heart broken, it's not fair. So that's what she agreed to, and now we were friends.

"Hey Angie." I said.
"Yeah Y/N." She relied.
"Tomorrow, me Gin and Mione are going to find out dresses in Hogsemede, do you maybe wanna come?" I asked.
Her face lit up in pure excitement, "Y/N, I'd love to! Meet me by the carriages at 10 tomorrow morning?"
"Course."

And with that. We began to walk up towards the castle, meeting the boys in the common room. Angelina instantly laid off Fred a little, knowing that it wasn't her place, which I was really grateful for. Freddie seemed both relieved and confused when we walked in holding hands and Angie didn't bother him.
"Later Y/N, I'll meet you tomorrow." Angie said hugging me one last time.
"Bye Angie."

I sat down on the common room couch with the boys that looked to me as if waiting for me to say something. "What?"
"What do you mean what? What was that about? You and Angelina? You hate eachother?" Lee said before the other two could even get a word out.
"We've had a little chat, that's all." I reply.
"Do tell." George said.
"Nah, I'm good. You'll find out eventually. For now, let's go get some breakfast. Oh and we are going to find our dresses for the ball tomorrow, so you all can't come." I say, receiving a few sighs of 'fine'.