Chapter 39- lets party

Y/N's pov:
"Who wants me to open it? You want me to open it ?" Harry yelled over the screaming crowd. He was on top of the twins shoulders, golden egg in hand, as id slipped off to the side, hoping to write to both Molly and my dad. I was startled by an ear-piercing screech, but having just battled a dragon, I didn't really care to think about the next task.

——

Molly. I hope things are going well with you and Arthur. The peace will soon be shattered as the months go by. I will be spending Christmas with dad this year, but as he has mentioned, your family is more than welcome to stay with us after a few weeks. I was wondering, what are you doing the second week at Christmas? I have a surprise for you and really think you will like it.

I'm looking around the common room right now, and there's so many happy faces, even Harry, it's the first time I've seen him genuinely smile since Ron got angry with him.  I think I've finally persuaded Ron to talk to Harry, after all its not his fault, nor mine. So we will see how that goes.

Your two most sensible children, NOT. Are of course the life of the party tonight, George is over near the fire chatting with some girls, while Fred is making his way to me actually. Probably to ask why I'm not celebrating. Don't get me wrong, and I'm sure you've heard the story from Bill, but I don't feel like celebrating. Yes I did well and won the challenge. But I can't help it, somethings wrong, I didn't enter my name and can't help but constantly wonder who did. Who would though? Surely no one hates me enough for that. I've received what Madam Pomfrey called a 'nasty burn' but oh well, I'm alive, and I've put up with much worse. Freds babying me again, and I can't help but laugh at him. He's got a sweet side after all, I guess he must just feel protective of his best friend?

Well I guess that's that then. Harry is well, all your children are well and I can't wait to see you again. I look forward to your reply.

Y/N xx

-Hey mum. Sorry for not writing so I'm writing on Y/N's. She was awesome today, don't tell her that though, she's not going to see the letter as I'm going to seal it, but you'd be proud mum. I'm sure proud of her. She got a really bad burn but insists on me not helping her. I can't help but laugh at her independence, even though she did scare the absolute shit out of me today (sorry for the bad language, before you kill me, think about poor Y/N.)
Ron and Harry have recently fallen out, but I'll not bore you with that, they're fine now. It was Ron being a stuck up arse again.

Stay safe, - Fred.

P.s. - couldn't get Georgie to write.

——

Fred handed me back my note book and quill after sealing the letter he had spent a few minutes adding to. Now for my dad. I'd have to address it to Moony, otherwise it would look suspicious.
———
Dear Uncle Moony,
It's your favourite niece, well only niece but still. I completed the first task successfully, and you can tell Padfoot that he was right to believe I could do it.

The most shocking part is, not only did I stay alive, I won. I actually won! I can't believe it, all I did was transform and speak to it. Guess it must have just attracted people to my powers. Who knows?

I managed to escape with only a slight burn, well, Madam Pomfrey called it a 'really nasty burn' but oh well. I've got to keep telling Fred I'm alright, after he asks me every ten seconds. It's getting annoying!

First practise with my new team next week, and I can't wait. Anyway, Freds dragging me to dance, so I'll write again soon.
- EWWWWWW dancing!!!!
Stay safe- both of you.
Love you!
Love your mini Padfoot.
——-