Chapter 58- recovery

Mentioning of:
Drowning
Bruising
And very small smut towards the end- suitable for roughly age 13.

Freds pov:
"Albus! We can't just leave her there! She will drown. Potter says he charm wore off, she can no longer breathe!" To my surprise, the one man, in which I had least expected, was saying the same thing that I had on my mind.
"Severus, we are doing everything we can."
I knew Y/N, for some reason, hand a bond with the man, a bond that was different in what he shared with everyone else, but I didn't expect him to care this deeply for her. Not at all. But I'm grateful either way.

By now, I've screamed in frustration at pretty much everyone here, the professors, friends, hell, even my own twin brother. But they don't understand, she's my girlfriend, I have to protect her with my life, I made that promise to myself when I first met her. But no one seemed to understand that, no one understood the seriousness of the situation, and I knew for a fact, that if they were here right now, my mum, Sirius, Remus, my big brothers, all of them, would have made Dumbledores life living hell, even my dad, who doesn't have a bad bone in his body. My dad loves Y/N like his own, and would be quick to defend her.

"Fred. Fred! Calm down!" George was holding me tightly pressed to his body, as I began to shake of both fear and anger. I couldn't control myself, there's a possibility that she'd drown down there, there was no chance I could live with myself.

"DUMBLEDORE! GET HER OUT OF THERE, NOW!" I screeched at the rather calm looking Professor. Something was off, he didn't seem worried at all, but all he replied with, was a simple, "she's has two minutes left."
This infuriated me, I could have torn his head off without question, I'd never felt this angry, never, not the many detentions I've had from Snape for no reason, not the many times I've been caught by Filch, not even when Y/N fell off her broom at the World Cup. Atleast they helped her then, and now, now she is practically drowning in the bottom of a lake filled with god knows what creatures, and they are doing absolutely nothing to help her. Dumbledore, the most powerful wizard in the world, and yet he's doing nothing.

I released myself from George's arms, not even bothering to care if I hurt him or not, as I thrashed about, trying to get him to release his strength around me. And so I took I deep breath, and a huge leap, ignoring the many shouts I had gotten, as I felt myself plunge into the icy water. It really was cold, it felt like pins and needles shot through the whole of my body. The black water, once again, nearly too dark to see in. I guess when you have been under water for an hour, you get used to the icy feeling as you reach the surface. Yet, jumping back in, well that proved difficult. I was panicking, swimming around frantically trying to see any sight of Y/N. And when I was about to lose all hope, tears streaming down my face, she appeared.

————————
Y/N pov:
It was a good job I could hold my breath. The creatures that I have now identified as mermaids, really ugly ones at that, had hold of my arms and legs, and were holding up their yellow pitch forks to my neck. Threatening me. They hissed to each other, and ignoring the fact that I was absolutely shitting myself, I couldn't help but be fascinated by their kind, the way they communicated to one another, almost violently. If you'd have asked me what they were doing, I'd say that they were having a mother's meeting, gathering around to gossip, but by the fact that I was now tied to the sea bed by golden ropes, I guess not.

They had stationed themselves rather far away, and my breath would soon be coming to a stop. I'd either die, or I'd certainly pass out first. As I struggled, the golden ropes only became tighter and tighter. I had to do something, and I had to do it now. With my greatest efforts, I dug my hand from the ropes, retrieving my wand from where it had been placed in my pocket. I had basically no energy, and if I tried to do such a complicated spell, I'd certainly pass out, it just wouldn't work.
That's when it came to me, I'm a bloody idiot. Whilst the creatures were distracted, I muttered the breaking spell, successfully freeing myself of the tightening ropes. I was right, a wave of exhaustion blew over me. I had no idea how long I had been in this situation, but I knew that someone should have at least come to look for me, it's been a while, surely they would have noticed that my treasure has returned and not me. Surely Harry would have told them?