Chapter 23- hello

Y/N pov:

We are sat at the dinner table the next day when an owl arrives at the house. Shoot. I need to get the post, I know what this is!

"Y/N dear, you've got a letter." Shouts Molly. I practically run to the kitchen and take the letter from Molly, thanking her.

I knew exactly what they were, my quidditch World Cup tickets. Having all the background checks, I could pretty much get any seats I wanted. So I made sure I could get, the best.

I decide to wait until breakfast to tell the family about the surprise.

——-
Time skip: breakfast.

Shortly after I'm joined by the Weasleys many children and of course friends. Fred and George walk in and automatically sit either side of me, they always did. I then notice Charlie has sat in front of me and is helping himself to the food as he remains his glare on Fred. "So I've got something that I'd like to show you all." I say nervously.
Suddenly the redheads and Hermione all turn to me.
"What is it dear?" Asks Molly nervously. "Are you with Fred."
"No mum." Fred replies before George whispers something in his ear.

"Well, you see, it's the quidditch cup in two days and well, I overheard a conversation about how you all ready wanted to go and watch so I kind of got us all tickets to go. Of course Molly, I know your not fond on it, so it's up to you whether you choose to go or not."
Everyone looks at me in disbelief.
"Very funny sis." Bill laughs.
I sigh and pull out the tickets from my pockets handing them around the table. Everyone instantly starts to scream as I'm pulled into a hug, sandwiched again in the middle of George and Fred.

There's an issued round of 'thank you' that echo the room when suddenly Charlie turns to me, ticket in hand. "Bloody hell Y/N! You got us tickets in the ministers box, that's where the rich people sit. They don't let just anyone in! How on earth did you get these?" He asked.

Oh right, Bill and Charlie probably hadn't heard about my old quidditch profession.
"Oh. I just used some family connections." I say smiling sweetly.

Then Fred interrupts, "I wish you wouldn't be so modest all the time Y/N!"
"Freddie...." I began.

"Charlie, Bill, do us a favour and list the England players." He says.
They begin to list as many players as possible until I hear him say "Wood."

I knew he wouldn't pick up on it, having not knowing my last name. There's many players that have the first names of a lot of people so you get used to it.

"Now Charlie, Bill. Do me a favour, do either of you know what Y/N's last name is?" He asks. The boys look puzzled. I don't blame them either.

"Enough Freddie." I say sternly.
"I'll give you a hint, spell it for you if you like
W.... O......O....... D."

"Y/N Wood." Bill says, still looking puzzled as ever. Then it's as if he's been struck by electricity, his face arches, lips part and his eyes widen. He'd realised.

"What?" Charlie says to his brother.
"Fuck Charlie! Y/N Wood! Youngest player for England. Best chaser the teams ever had!"

Charlie's eyes look at me, waiting for a reaction, "well surprise I guess." I say, standing up and leaving the table.

Bill and Charlie continue to sit there star struck before making their way over to me.
"I thought you were incredible before but what?" Begins Charlie.
"Yeah Y/N what's the deal about that. I'm your big brother and you didn't even bother telling me that you'd make England's number 1." Bill says.
I laugh at the term 'big brother' and just reply with a quick, "it wasn't important."
"It bloody well is Y/N! Jesus Christ! Y/N, I've got your fucking shirt back in Romania." Charlie laughs. "I knew you looked familiar! Now I know why. God Y/N! I'm going to write to my friends to tell them."
"You've not really got my shirt have you?" I asked him.
"Well yeah, duh. My friend bought it me when he went to watch England in the finals, he was obsessed with you so got us both a shirt. He's got a full book about you!" He exclaims.