Chapter 41- Ammortia

Y/N pov:

The week begun once again. Monday morning, back to school after a long weekend due to the task. I'd received so many congratulations, but I couldn't really care less.

The class that I was most eager for today/ dreading, was potions. I've heard rumours about them making Amortentia, so wondered if this would be the solution to all my problems, whether I'd forgot about the past or not. In fact I was just thankful I hadn't seen him at school, but then again, did I really ever love him? Not really?

I see the way Fred treats me and we're  not even together, but I can't help but compare him to the boy that broke me. I'd never let anyone see how much it affected me, but it really did. Only Fleur knew about the matter, and quite frankly I wanted it to stay that way. So I guess from the use of this potion, I wanted to see if I'd finally been able to move on with my life.

———-
Freds pov:
Sat in Snapes class.

I was sat in the class as normal, Y/N seemed a little on edge almost, although I have no idea why. I don't think I've done anything to upset her?
George and Lee were sat together again, as usual.

Snape made his dramatic entrance speaking in his usual groggily voice.
"Today you'll be making Amortentia. Can anyone tell me what it is?"

Y/N raised her hand, "the most powerful love potion in the world."
"Correct Miss Wood. 10 points to Gryffinfor."

I looked over to Y/N to see her looking just as surprised as the rest of the class, Snape never gives our house points. She shrugged it off as Snape continued with the explanation of the potion.
"Hey Fred. Can we work together?" Came the voice of my brother.
"No mate. Work with Lee, I think I'm working with Y/N like always." I reply.
"No she's working with Lee. Come on mate." He pulled me up to the front to get the ingredients needed and indeed I saw Y/N with Lee, making their potion. I smiled at her as we made eye contact, but couldn't help but wish I was working with her, we could have lots of fun.

"Alright. What do you smell then George?" I asked, after we had finished our potion with the help of Y/N.
"Well, I smell, old books, parchment, and erm.." he trailed off as if realising something.
"And what?" I asked.
"Nothing." He said, quickly looking down and I noticed a blush form on his cheeks. He must not want to tell me.
"Well. What do you smell?"
I took a quick sniff of the potion.
"I can't tell." I say, "Y/N's perfumes too strong I can smell it from here."
George's face was replaced by a smirk.
"What?"
"Fred. I can't smell Y/N's perfume. So that only means one thing. You smelt her!"
Shit! It all makes sense. Not only do I like this girl, I'm in love with her!

Meanwhile, by the sounds of it, Y/N was trying to get Lee to talk.

———-
Y/N pov:
"Oh my god Lee! You smelt George! This is amazing! I knew it." I whisper shout in his ear.
He shushes me before looking down, "I'm sorry."

"Lee what the hell do you have to be sorry for. I think this is fucking amazing! In fact, I'm going to call myself your wing man." I say, wrapping my hand around his shoulders.
He laughs, "fine. You can be my wing man, but only if I get to be yours."
"W.. what you on about? I don't like anyone." I lie, based on his raised eyebrow he's not falling for it.
"Y/N you can tell me you know. I'm not going to judge, I just want you to admit it. I won't tell anyone and it'll make you feel loads better for someone to know." He advises.
"Alright. Fine. I like Fred." I mumble.
He obviously heard me but a mischievous face forms, "what was that."
"I fucking like Fred!" I say a little louder, and Lee makes a gasping sound, that's obviously fake.
"Y/N Weasley, nice ring to it. I ship it." He says, rubbing his chin.
"That doesn't matter. He doesn't like me so it's not going to work either way." I say sadly.
"Y/N, that boys nuts for you. Everyone knows that your in love with each other, except you two. It's funny but frustrating." He said.
"No they don't." I say but sit there defeated when he laughs.
"Anyway, what do you smell in the potion? I bet I can guess but I just wanted to make sure." Lee says.
"Yeah Y/N what did you smell?" George joins us. Luckily Fred is across the room talking to a Hufflepuff boy, he appears to be right red when he makes eye contact with me, and quickly shoots his head down.
I take a deep breath and take a sniff of the mixture: cinnamon, gun powder, Fred! I smell Fred! Half of me was dreading knowing that I was in fact right, I'm in love with Fred. The other, happy, I no longer cared enough for that stupid git at Beuxbatons I told myself I loved. I'd moved on.
"Well?" The boys smirk.
"Fred." I say with a sigh. The two boys look to each other and high five.
"We did it George."
"That we did Lee."