Chapter 65: MEMORIES

The scene picks up where we left off on showing Dean working on the bike, and was making faster progress then earlier.

Yang: you know how this works?

Dean: for the most part. Nico showed me some things whenever I'd help her in the shop.

Jaune: uh, speaking of that, what's your deal with that red-haired girl?

Dean: she was a friend.

Yang: really? Cause, she thought otherwise. We're you a couple?

Dean: no, last time we saw each other we were like six. Six year olds don't care about romance.

Týra: agreed. But, I am curious.

Dean: Týra, when do you care about my love life?

Týra: I don't. However, this girl could be either an ally or a threat to us. To prepare for battle, it is best to know everything.

Dean: (sighs) her name is Kasumi Yoshizawa, and she was my childhood friend. Back when I was a kid in Fortuna, I didn't have many friends until she and her twin sister, Sumire, entered my life. Kyrie had arranged a play date with their parents for me to interact with the girls, and while at the time I didn't care, I grew to like them either their positive energy and kind-hearted nature.

Ren: did they knew you were part demon?

Dean: I was five to six at the time. Even I didn't know I had demon blood in me. Anyways, a year later, their parents had to move because one of them got a big job, and I never saw them again.

Mimir: hmmm...

Týra: what is it, head?

Mimir: just curious on who she might be. There's something familiar about her, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Jaune: maybe you can ask her. Do you know where she'll be, Dean?

Dean: no. Like I said, I haven't seen her in years. We're two different people now. Anyways, the bike should be good to go later.

Ren then notices something off in the back, and checks it out. When he sees it, it reveals to be another shrine.

Ren: hey Týra, here's another one of those shrines.

Týra: (begins writing in the journal) its about Thor. I guess he was the Norse version of Kratos.

Mimir: I guess when you think about it.

Týra: he also let Mjölnir's power go to his head.

Mimir: not to mention, his father's enormous ego.

Týra: this shows Jörmungandur weakening him, and Kratos killing him.

Mimir: consider what that asshole did, he rightfully deserved it.

*MONSTRA*

With Ember, she was still with Salem as said woman returned back to her throne room. Even though Ember wasn't comfortable being here, nor did she trust anyone, she knew she couldn't escape without bringing a fight or Oscar getting killed. So, she just waited for the right moment. On the plus side (or not so plus side depending on your point of view), Salem had chosen to keep her close for the time being.

Salem: (looks at her) I've seen many Maidens over the years, but you are by far the most intriguing. So young, filled with so much potential. Whoever your predecessor was must've trusted you so much with your gift.

Ember: Dean.

Salem: that's right. You see him as a big brother, don't you? All of DVNT is your guardian. But don't worry. You'll see them again soon. (Beat) you know, I still remember the day I had the sons of Dante.