Chapter 42: DEVILS CRY (Vol. 5 end)

The scene shows the group fighting their adversaries. Even through Mercury and Emerald were weakened, supernatural forces came in, and the group worked together to fight them.

Nora: you guys doing okay?

Vali: never better.

Jaune: yeah. I just wished one of us didn't get hurt.

Nora: how about you don't complain and just be thankful you unlocked your Semblance when you did.

Jaune: my Semblance?

Nora: How else do you think you healed her, dummy?

Jaune: no. I don't think I was healing her. Our Aura heals our bodies. It feels... it feels more like I was using my Aura to amplify hers!

Nikki: ooo, that's a rare one. Hope you got enough juice in the tank for night.

Jaune: Pyrrha once told me I've got a lot of it. I still believe her.

Qrow's then knocked aside next to Ren, who struggles to get back up. Oscar and Jupiter uses their weapons to block flaming rocks from Stalwart. Hazel charges forward and punches Oscar several feet back.

Hazel: hiding behind the face of a child? A monster like you must be stopped!!

Nora charges at Hazel with a loud battle cry. She leaps into the air, but Hazel catches Magnhild and slams Nora into the ground. Hazel then grabs Nora's head, electrocuting her with his lightning Dust-enhanced arms. She screams out in pain.

Hazel: how many more children must die for you?!

Suddenly, Nora grabs Hazel's wrist.

Hazel: huh?

Nora, inadvertently enhanced by Hazel's electricity thanks to her Semblance, stands back up and flips him over her shoulder. He rolls back several feet away. Nora then holds Magnhild up defensively, before Ozpin gets her attention.

Ozpin: (to Nora) his Semblance... he can block out pain. It's how he is able to handle injecting so much Dust into his body.

Jupiter: in other words, overload him.

Nora: (darkly) I don't need him to hurt...

Hazel screams and charges forward again.

Nora: I just need him to GO DOWN!!

As Hazel nears her, Nora preps to swing Magnhild. She then swings her hammer right into Hazel's chest, her counterattack launching him through the wall and outside onto Haven Academy's quad. Adam and White Fang soldiers look on.

White Fang Soldier: (to Adam) what's going on in there?

Hazel: none of your concern...

Adam and his followers stare in amazement as they watch Hazel get back up. He then takes out a pair of red Dust crystals and stabs them into his arms. He lets out another roar as Ruby watches from inside the building. She then looks back to her friends and allies, all of them looking tired and worn out from the battle they've endured.

However, DVNT still kept going as Týra wraps the Blades of Chaos around Hazel and throws them right at βροντή. The monster throws Hazel right in the ground back outside, and attacks them.

Adam: stay focused! Our friends are almost done here.

Adam and his followers get back to work, but then they hear a voice call out to him.

Blake: ADAM!!

They all look up and see Blake Belladonna standing proudly on top of the roof of a nearby building.