Chapter 84: CYCLE OF CORRUPTION

The scene begins with Team RWBY, Ember, Dante, Bayonetta, Onix, Jaune, and Mimir in the Dark World. They looked around, seeing how different this place was compared to the Ever After.

Blake: Well, it definitely lives up to its namesake.

Ruby: Okay, Mimir. You've been here before, where do we start?

Mimir: Based off of where we are, we seem to be near Queen's territory. There should be a grand gateway that'll take us to the tower. That's where the others and I were at.

They began walking the path down. As they do, they look around to see the damaged environment that was brought.

Dante: This place looks like a dump. Reminds me of Red Graves.

Yang: What happened here?

Mimir: About the land right now, or it's origin?

Ember: Both would be good. Do you know how this happened?

Mimir: I've had some time to work it out, but I have an idea on what the original land was. Long ago, this was once a land ruled by a Queen. Her real name, long forgotten, but she was regarded as a powerful ruler that held total control over this land. Other kingdoms had invaded, and the aftermath left the lands in ruins. To further punish them, she handpicked the daughters of the rulers, or their most trusted hand maidens, and molded them to be her daughters. One day, somehow, this dark vortex opened up, and swallowed the land and it's people, bringing them here.

Bayonetta: Are you making this up as you go?

Mimir: I never steer from truth, sister. Anyway, when she came to, she found her kingdom in ruins, many people dead, and felt the darkness itself speaking to her. It convinced her to change who she was and she gave into the darkness, resulting in her becoming a vampire.

Weiss: Vampires? There's no such—

Dante: You're dating my son who's part demon. Same with me, Bayo's a witch, and you just came out of a fairytale world.

Weiss: Okay, fair point.

Ruby: What did the Queen do after that?

Mimir: She resumed her goal in destroying and conquering lands. She also decided to share her new fond powers with her daughters. The Queen had over a dozen girls as her children, only three of them survived the process. Thus, they continued to live here, until Team DVNT arrived and beat them.

Jaune: How much closer are we to the castle?

Mimir: We're coming up to it.

They get over a hill, and see the destroyed remains of the castle. As they get closer, though, Mimir realizes something changed.

Mimir: Wait, something's wrong.

Onix: What is it?

Mimir: The castle wasn't this damaged last time, and the bridge leading to the main tower should be here.

Before they could figure out what went wrong, dark monsters began spawning in. Everyone gets their weapons out and began fighting. It was clear that these monsters were way stronger and more deadly than the Jabberwalker and even the Grimm. After some time, they pulled through and won. However, a shadowy figure of Madama Butterfly appeared and looked at them.

Ruby: (shocked and a bit scared) What is that?!

Bayonetta: Something impersonating my best demon.

The being speaks, but their voice sounds glitched and disoriented.

???: Nine new anomalies detected... Learning... Assessing... Sharing anomalies location to other agents... (exits)