Chapter 80: THE DRAGON AND THE KNIGHT

The scene picks up from Jaune and Ember, both now older, explaining to Team RWBY what happened. After the attack in the Evacuation Central Location, both had indeed fall into the Ever After. However, they came across something that messed with time. Jaune had found a weird fruit that had a pocket watch in it. He picks one from the trees, and the watch rewinds time to roughly about twenty years. As such, he waited for the others to arrive. Ember had gotten the fruit, too, but it only sent her ten years. Thankfully, Jaune found her, so they had each other during this time.

Jaune: It... It's really you, right? When I saw you in the market...

Jaune hesitantly pauses and looks down. Team RWBY look at each other before looking at Jaune.

Ruby: Jaune. It's us.

Team RWBY warmly hugs Ember and Jaune. Little, who appears on top of Jaune's head, also hugs him. Jaune smiles with tears of joy. Ember does as well as the girls pull back.

Ruby: How did you find us?

Blake: How are you the Rusted Knight?

Yang: And when did you get so...

Weiss: Big and old? You, especially, Ember.

Ember: like we said—we pulled a random fruit with a pocket watch and they sent us back in the past. Jaune for twenty years, and me for ten.

Yang: So, what are you saying? You're 63?

Ember: No. In Remnant years, I'm 63. If I were still in Jötunheim, I'd be marked as 13. Either way, I'm happy to see you all.

Ruby: What happened in Atlas... after the rest of us fell?

Jaune: (sighs) I, uh... Guess we've all got a lot of catching to do...

They start walking. Up forward, Ember whispers to Jaune.

Ember: you have to tell them.

*TIMESKIP*

The group were now in a flower field.

Ruby: She's... got two Relics now?

Yang: And with Cinder, the ability to get another.

Blake: She doesn't know where the Beacon Relic is! And without Ember, they have no way to get the Vacuo Relic.

Weiss: Well there's that to be thankful for at least.

Jaune sighs. Ruby sits on a small rock.

Ruby: We lost Atlas and the relic...

Blake: (assuringly) But we got everyone out safely. Jaune said so.

Weiss: (rests a hand on Blake's shoulder) We've risked their home to save the Relic... And we failed.

Blake: Getting everyone out has to count for something.

Ruby: (angrily) What good is saving anybody if Salem just destroys the world anyway...

Yang places her arms on her sister's shoulder and leans in.

Yang: That's how Ironwood thought... you don't mean that.

Ruby looks down.

Jaune: You done?!

Jaune waves his arm and Juniper prances behind him and stops.

Jaune: We need to move before the weather turns, or it's gonna take us a lot longer to get to safety.

Ember: Jaune's right. There'll be plenty of time to lick your wounds later. Come on. Besides, we got someone there for you to meet.

They resume walking. As they do, the girls took notice at Ember's back. They saw she had two swords: one of Penny's Floating Arrays, and a gold sword with a yellow gem piece on the guard.