Chapter 50: OUR WAY (Vol. 6 end)

The scene picks right where we left off. multiple Manta aircraft engage in dogfights against Manticores and Sphinxs above the ocean. The Leviathan itself slowly trudges through the water approaching the city. Some aircraft fly by for a gun run on the towering Grimm. The Leviathan, however, simply dives below the ocean and swims.

Air Control: all units, be advised: Leviathan-class Grimm has submerged but is still on approach. Preparing hard-light shields, over!

The rest of the group over hears everything from the radio, and knew the situation. They were now worried on what is to happen, and the mech was still struggling to get the Colossus' arm cannon out of the water with it being covered in ice and rock Dust.

Manta Two-Two: we're getting slammed by hostiles out here! Where is Cordovin?!

Cordovin: this is your fault! Do you hear me?!

Yang: Ruby!

Yangon, Blake, Nikki, and Tyra are running out of the woods to rejoin the group.

Ruby: Yang! Blake! Nikki! Tyra! Are you okay?

Dean: what happened to you guys?

Nikki: long story. What's going on?

Yang: (hears a roar) was that a giant Grimm?

Weiss: yes... and we just ruined the only thing capable of stopping it...

Mimir: in your defense, the crazy bitch wouldn't stop attacking and hindered her duties.

The group wastes no time boarding the aircraft. It begins to fly away. Ruby watches with pity as Cordovin continues to struggle to move the mech. Cordovin herself yells out in anger.

Cordovin: this is your fault!! YOUR FAULT!!! This is... (gives up)

Soldier: (over radio) ma'am, what's your status? We need an answer, over!

Cordovin: ... your fault... (looks down sadly)

Ruby knew that things had gone bad. Despite that it was Cordovin's arrogance that brought this to happen, she knew without the mech, the fleet couldn't beat the Grimm. She goes back to the others and they hear what happened.

Nikki: Adam Taurus got the jump on us and we had to fight him,

Blake: I'm so sorry...

Yang: don't be. This isn't on you.

Blake: but--

Ruby: You're safe, that's all that matters.

Blake smiles at her leader and the two hug. Ruby looks to Yang and the two share a smile.

Maria: I suppose I have to be the bad guy and say it, getting the lamp to Atlas is still our top priority, and right now we have the perfect opportunity to head straight for it. We may not get another chance like this.

Dean: like hell!

Yang: no way!

Weiss: we can't leave, not like this.

Blake: it's like you said, a Huntress is supposed to protect others to the bitter end.

Vali: and if that thing continues to the coastline, the whole town will get destroyed.

Maria looks to Ruby, who just shrugs and smiles. Maria smiles back and continues to fly.

Ruby: we need to head for the Leviathan. Jaune, can you and Ren be ready to mask our ship?

Ren: I think we can manage.

Jaune: got a few ideas?

Ruby: I've got one.