Chapter 26: BROKEN (TRIUMPH)

The scene first shows Týra in the woods next to a tree with her axe in hand. Over the time she's been here, she's gotten use to the changes made to her form, and had come to terms with the events that had happened. She took up training with Taiyang, and would help him around the house.

Currently, she was asked to get some firewood. But, instead of going to the store or chopping limbs off of trees, Týra decided to chop an entire tree down. She gave a few powerful strikes until the whole tree came down. She re-clips her axe back on, picks up the tree, and hoists it on her shoulder. As she walk, Mimir asks her something.

Mimir: lass?

Týra: yes, Mimir?

Mimir: I know you're entertaining yourself by doing chores and training with your father and Taiyang, but when are you planning on leaving?

Týra: as I told you before; when the time is right.

Mimir: I will say you're getting stronger. But, I don't see why you still chose to be here.

Týra: I promised Ruby to watch over Yang.

Mimir: that's true. Very well, I'll let you be. But I hope you know what you're doing.

As she arrives to the house, she sees Taiyang walking to the house with three boxes and two bags hanging by his forearms.

Týra: hello, Mr. Xiao Long.

Taiyang: I told you, Týra, you can call me Tai.

Týra: right, sorry.

Taiyang: (sees the tree) wow! Does that thing weight anything for you?

Týra: not so much. It's like carrying a sandbag.

Taiyang: well, can you help get the door for me?

The wolf Faunus sets the tree down and walks over to the door and opens it and the two do inside. They find Yang siting on the couch and watching TV. Unlike Týra, Yang had gone down into a depressed state and had pretty much given people the cold shoulder.

Taiyang: I'm home!

Yang: hey, dad.

Taiyang: guess what came in today!

Yang: what?

Taiyang: I can't wait for you to try this.

He walks to another room to unload the groceries while Yang was interested in what this might be. Admittedly, Tyra was intrigued as to what it might be as well. Tai soon comes back with one long white box. He sets it on the coffee table in front of Yang, revealing the Kingdom of Atlas symbol on it. She looks at it and doesn't move.

Taiyang: well?

Yang: it's... for me?

Taiyang: for you and you only.

Yang lifts the lid off the box to reveal a robotic right arm. Yang looks it over, somewhat wide-eyed while her father gushes. She blinks and her eyes droop a bit, revealing she's more distressed than pleased.

Taiyang: brand new, state of the art Atlas tech. You know, I thought I was gonna have to pull some strings, call in a few favors, but you earned this one all on your own, kiddo.

Yang: (looking up) huh?

Taiyang: before I could even talk to him, General Ironwood already had one of his top scientists working on this, for you. He wanted me to tell you that you fought admirably. You should be proud of yourself.

Mimir: that's quite an honor, lass.

Taiyang: well? You going to try it on?

Mimir: yes! You and Týra could do some sparing and see how much she's improved.