Chapter 21: FALL

The scene shows Penny and her partner, Ciel, defeating Russel and Sky. After their victory, everyone cheered for them, and Ruby and Dean went down to meet them.

Ruby: Penny!

Penny: Ruby! Dean!

Lifting her arms up, she tackles the two into a hug that leans them on the ground. And since she's an Android, it was a painful.

Ruby: (grunts and groans weakly) why...

Dean: it's good to see you too, Penny. (Looks at Ciel) who's your friend?

Penny: Ruby, Dean, this is my teammate.

Ciel: Ciel Soleil. (Bows formally)

Ruby: hi! I'm Ru-

Ciel: Ruby Rose. 15. Hails from Patch. Leader of Team RWBY. Status: Questionable. (Turns to Dean) and Dean Redgrave. 18. Hails from Fortuna. Leader of Team DVNT. Status: Unpredictable.

Dean: (raises eyebrow) sounds about right.

Ruby: sooo... Penny! You two were incredible out there. How do you keep control of all those swords? It's so cool!

Ciel: Penny? (Gestured to her watch) I believe it is best if we move on to our next location.

Penny: can we have just a minute to talk?

Ciel checks the time, takes a step back and nods, starting the countdown.

Ruby: so is she... your friend or...

Penny: well, in a way. She's like Blake, but if Blake was ordered to spend time with you.

Dean: oh. So, Vali.

Penny: precisely.

Ruby: (lowering her voice) does she know about... y'know... beep boop bop, does not compute? (Does robot movements and speaking sounds)

Penny: (shakes her head) oh no. General Ironwood doesn't really want anyone to know. There was an incident with a magnet, but I was able to play it off.

Dean: I'm sure you did.

Penny: (still smiling, but getting serious) Ruby, Dean, there's something I've been wanting to talk to you about. (glances over at Ciel before leaning in and whispering to them) I want to stay at Beacon.

Dean: Penny, if the General thinks you're as important as you said, they'll never let you do that.

Penny: (frowns the mischief grin) I know, but I have a plan.

Ciel: it's been precisely one minute, ma'am.

Penny: I'll talk to you soon, Ruby and Dean.

She leaves with two knights and brother and sister couldn't help but look at each other in concern. They remember how bad things got last time when Penny went missing. Whatever she was planning, they just hoped it wouldn't get out of hand.

Later on, they had witnessed the two on two fight with Yang and Weiss. In the end, Weiss was badly injured but Yang managed to pull through to victory. Later that night, Týra was walking outside when she caught sight of Pyrrha. What was interesting, was she had a concern look on her face. An expression she rarely ever held.

Týra: can't sleep?

Pyrrha: (looks up and has a fake smile) oh, hello Týra. I'm just thinking about something.

Tyra: what's wrong?

Pyrrha: nothing. I just...needed some fresh air.

Týra: (narrows her eyes) you're not always this depressed. What is troubling you?