Chapter 25: BROKEN (VENGEANCE)

The scene opens up to show Weiss on her way to see her father. She recently had a conversation with her brother Whitely, and even though she didn't do it, she wanted to strangle him. She arrives to her father's study where he's having a heated discussion with Ironwood.

Jacques: I'm not talking about the good of my company; I'm talking about the good of Atlas, our entire Kingdom!

Ironwood: that is a load of crap and you know it.

Jacques: I beg your pardon?!

Ironwood: Jacques, will you please, just hear me out?

Jacques: you are a trusted friend and ally to this family, James, but what you're suggesting is absurd!

Ironwood: you are blowing it out of proportion.

Jacques: the council will never agree to it!

Ironwood: you forget, I hold two seats on the council.

Jacques: your Dust embargo has already cost me millions! I can promise you, I have not forgotten!

Ironwood: so this is about you.

Weiss has come into the room, and she watches to two men awkwardly while the door shuts behind her. She startles at the sound while James and Jacques turn and look at her.

Ironwood: (bowing) Miss Schnee! My apologies. I should have been gone by now.

Weiss: it-it's okay.

Ironwood: we'll continue this at another time.

Jacques: indeed. Klein can show you out.

Ironwood: don't worry, I know the way.

As the General heads the exit, Weiss asks him something.

Weiss: General, has there been any updates to Vali?

Ironwood: I'm afraid Mr. Branwen's condition hasn't changed yet. But don't worry, we'll let you know if anything happens. And remember, you'll always have a home at Atlas Academy, Miss Schnee. We'll be back in session before you know it.

Weiss: thank you. (Ironwood exists)

Jacques: did you forget your manners while you were away?

Weiss: (annoyed then calms down) no, Father. I'm sorry.

Jacques: can you believe there are still people in the world that blame Atlas for what happened to Beacon? To Vale?

Weiss: well, they weren't there.

Jacques: it's a wonder Ironwood wasn't stripped of his rank.I suppose the council trusts him, for better or worse.

Weiss: I trust him.

Jacques: (sighing and turning toward his daughter) thanks to him, Atlas is forbidden from exporting Dust to other Kingdoms. "A precautionary measure", as he puts it, "until we're certain no one is going to declare war". How anyone could possibly find that to be sound logic is beyond me.

Weiss: ...

Jacques: which is why the Schnee Dust Company will be holding a charity concert in the coming weeks.

Weiss looks up at him in surprise.

Jacques: we need to show the people of Remnant that we are on their side. That we are all victims of the fall of Beacon.

Weiss: that's... wonderful news.

Jacques: I know. And I think it would make a lot of people happy if you performed at the event.