Chapter 78: A CAT MOST CURIOUS

The scene shows Ruby and the gang back in the Ever After. They went to the Crimson Castle to meet the king, but instead, met the Red Prince who turned out to be a spoiled little shit that threw a tantrum and nearly killed them. They managed to escape, but Weiss, Blake, and Yang were now tiny and they lost Penny's sword. Now, they had met up with one of the characters from the story: the Curious Cat.

 Now, they had met up with one of the characters from the story: the Curious Cat

He claims that they don't go to the tree, but it goes to them. He also says that he knows how to get there. They didn't exactly trust that idea, but given their current state, they don't really have other options. Ruby was walking, looking tired, while the cat was asking questions.

Curious Cat: So the old man and the boy share a body now? Ooh, that's got some uncomfortable implications. Who thought that was a helpful way to reincarnate? The same people who put a city in the sky? Ooh, speaking of Atlas, did that Ciel girl from the Vytal Festival ever come back in a notable way? Hoo hoo! There's just so many characters to keep track of! Wait, what was my original question?

Yang: (exhausted) Blake... It's your turn.

Blake: (exhausted) You asked about the origins of Remnant.

Curious Cat: That's right! Ooh, those Two Brothers! Talk about a god complex, am I right? Speaking of gods, could that Týra girl kill them? You said her ancestors slay gods. (sighs) All in all, a rather entertaining summary, though I felt some of the character voices were a bit uninspired. (to Weiss) Looking at you, wise huntress.

Weiss: Again, it's Weiss. Just Weiss.

Curious Cat: (chuckles) Apologies. To your credit, you lot certainly know more about the beginnings of Remnant than Alyx did, and that girl could barely see past her own nose.

Ruby: Oh, what do you mean?

Curious Cat: Don't you know? Just hilariously concerned with trivial things.

Blake: Yeah, but she learned her lesson in the end, right?

Curious Cat: I'd certainly say so. Oh, would you look at that. The edge of the Garden's Acre.

Multiple leaves fall from the night sky. Ruby becomes amazed as she continues walking. The Cat plays with one of the leaves.

Yang: This entire world is put together like a bunch of mixed-up puzzle pieces. How does everyone make sense of this?

Curious Cat: Each acre is made specifically for its inhabitants and their roles. Is it not like that on Remnant?

Yang: N... No?

Curious Cat: How strange. It never even occurred to me to ask that before.

Weiss: I have a question I'd like to ask. How much longer before we're back to regular size?

Curious Cat: Not long at all. The garden is just down this path, and is sure to have all the ingredients we need for a lovely Grow-gurt Parfait. Just don't go talking to anyone without me. If you're not careful...