Chapter 46: THE SPARDA TWINS

The scene begins in blackness, but then slowly shows eyes beginning to open, and the vision's blurred, but to focuses and shows the area. Now the camera changes to show Dante waking up from the couch and is in Devil May Cry's office. He then sits up and sees the familiar business despite some changes here and there. He then looks over and sees Nero siting in the chair, writing some stuff.

Nero: (looks up) welcome back to the land of the living, Deadweight.

Dante: I only called you that once. How long have I been asleep?

Nero: five days. No one's seen you in almost 20 years. Where've you been?

Dante: underworld with your old man. Speaking of, where's he?

Vergil: (enters the room) here. I woke up an hour ago. Your friends weren't all too thrilled on seeing me. Not that I blame them. (Looks to Nero) and I see you're still getting stronger, Nero.

Nero: (bitter) 20 years missing, and that's the first thing you say?

Vergil: that's fair.

Dante: (stands up) so, what's up with you?

Nero: (stands up from the desk) let's get the others here and talk.

To say it was awkward was an understatement. The last time Nero saw his father and uncle, was back in Redgrave City when the Qliphoth Tree was going to collapse. The brothers left to the underworld to sever the roots, but haven't been seen or heard from since. At the same day, Nero came home to find Kyrie taking care of a baby boy wrapped in a red blanket, had white hair, red eyes, and the red amulet. That was Dean. Kyrie and Nero then raised him to the teenager he is now.

Later on, Trish, Lady, Nico, Kyrie, and even Morrison were in the office discussing what happened. They shared their parts of it, including that Nero and Kyrie are married and have a daughter. The brothers were touched that they named her Eva, after their mother, and Vergil was a bit surprised by the fact he's a grandfather. He and Dante then said that they were in the underworld for some time, until something not only attacked them, but managed to capture them and turn them into the Angelos. They were freed by, what they described, a boy in black and red and dance/fought them.

Kyrie: (giggles) that's definitely Dean.

Dante: Dean?

Morrison: yep. (Pulls out a photo of Team DVNT) your boy. See, Nero and Kyrie found him on the door steps of the orphanage. Did some digging, and found out you had two sons; Dean Redgrave and Vali Branwen.

Vergil: Branwen?

Trish: yeah. Apparently, he was raised at the Branwen tribe since he was a baby, never knew he had a brother until he and Dean met at Beacon Academy. Care to explain, Dante?

Dante: hold on a second, you mean "Branwen" as in "Raven Branwen"? He wasn't— (stops and then scoffs) of course the bitch would pull that off.

Lady: pull what off?

Dante: I know Dean and Vali were separated, but Vali was supposed to go to the Rose/Xiao Long residents where Summer would raise him. Raven must've found out and took him before she knew.

Vergil: you have terrible luck with women.

Dante: at least it's better than you.

Morrison: back on topic. Dean's turned out good, thanks to these people. He's been helping out Kyrie at the orphanage, mechanic work with Nero and Nico, and Trish and Lady's even trained him and took him on jobs.

Dante: huh. Guess it's a good thing I left him here. And Vali?

Nico: from what Dean's said, and when we met him, he's basically Vergil jr.