Chapter 56: A NIGHT OFF

The scene opens up with the group training in Atlas Academy. There, they were practicing their new skills, with Weiss and Winter sparring with summons, Blake and Yang moving around obstacles, and Jaune and Nora working on Jaune's aura.

Oscar: nice, your recovery is getting faster.

Nora walks over to Jaune, who gives a cheerful thumbs-up. Nora then gives him a heavy pat on the back, still using her Semblance, which knocks him onto the ground, reducing his Aura to approximately 64%. Ruby zooms past with her Semblance, heading straight toward Ren who is meditating in front of a pillar. She splits into three red blurs, which all go around Ren and the pillar, before merging into one blur and becoming Ruby again.

Oscar: have you always been able to do that?

Ruby peeks out at him from behind the pillar and then walks over to him.

Ruby: (panting) I don't know. I don't normally think it through that much.

Oscar: you guys are evolving and I still don't have my Semblance.

Ruby: well, I bet we'll all be jealous when you do.

Their attention was then turned to DVNT training against Archer. When he said he'd train them hard, he wasn't joking. A normal DVNT sparring match was chaotic, but adding in a famous huntsman who trained two of them, made it crazier. Currently, he was duking it out with Dean and Bali as the brothers were moving fast against him, and after knocking them down, he dodges a strike from Nikki and Týra. As the training progressed, Dean suddenly triggers a different semblance, and they sees a shadowy clone of himself spawn next to him. He's briefly surprised, but then they move in the same movement to fight against the others. Once done, the shadow merged with him again, and they ended the match.

Dean: whoa! That was new.

Archer: not bad. It looks like you've unlocked a second semblance.

Dean: I remember Aunt Lady and Trish saying something about Dante having a duplicating ability once. Looks like it's another semblance for me. (Grins) now I can play video games against myself!

Vali: (sarcastic) perfect. As if one of you wasn't enough.

Mimir: still though, this could come in handy in the future.

Ironwood: (enters with Clover) Clover wasn't kidding. You're really giving this your all.

Oscar and Ren stand up.

Ruby: well, we have to with the way things are going.

Ironwood takes out his Scroll, which projects a screen depicting the live election results. Currently, Jacques has 30% of the vote, while Robyn has 70%.

Ironwood: they're not going well, are they?

Dean: this is why I avoid politics.

Yang: better Robyn than Jacques Schnee.

Yang rests her arm on Oscar's shoulder, taking him by surprise.

Ironwood: oh, I suppose so. Either way, this election doesn't bode well for our stability.

Ruby: it could be a chance to work with Robyn and get Mantle on your side.

Ironwood: (putting his Scroll away) the likelihood of that working--

Nora: she's right, you have to do something about Mantle. If you could get Robyn to trust you...

Jaune: I bet if you opened up to her she'd understand that you're being framed.

Ironwood: (sighs) perhaps... but it will only work if she's open too.

Nora starts to say something, but Ren steps forward and interrupts her, earning a look from both her and Jaune.