Chapter 34: DREAD IN THE AIR

The scene shows Lionheart entering a room with Watts. When they enter, they see a Seer Grimm. It's more for communication, but it's very deadly.

Lionheart: your Grace, are... you there?

In the Seer's head, red smoke shifts and soon shows an image of Salem and Cinder in the Land of Darkness.

Salem: hello, Leonardo. Do you have something to report?

Lionheart: of course, ma'am. I would not waste your time, if not.

Watts: I'm still just so fascinated by this creature. Cinder dear, are we coming through? (Taps the Seer) can you see us clearly? Well, as clearly as you can.

Cinder: (annoyed) shut... up.

Watts: (sarcastic) oh goody, you've recovered.

Salem: your report. What is it?

Lionheart: I've... I've found the Spring Maiden.

Salem: is that so? Well done. Arthur, had I known how useful you'd be in expediting this process, I would've sent you long, long ago.

Watts: as much as I'd love to take credit, ma'am, I can't say that either of us are to thank for this development. I guess you could say, a little birdie told us.

Salem: explain.

Lionheart: you see, ma'am, Qrow Branwen arrived at Haven Academy earlier today. He believes Spring has taken residence with his sister's tribe.

Cinder: is... the girl... with him?

Watts: yes, Miss Rose was in attendance. As well as Miss Tanaka and the Summer Maiden.

Salem: and you know of the tribe's location?

Lionheart: yes ma'am! But you have to hurry! Qrow and Jupiter are already at odds with my--

Salem makes a face of annoyed concentration and in response one of the Seer Grimm's tentacles shoots out to wrap around Lionheart's throat and choke him.

Salem: Leonardo, do you remember the first time we met? I remember. I remember your fear. But, since that day, you've been extraordinarily brave. I won't forget all that you've done for me. Do not forget everything that I can do to you.

The Seer Grimm slowly brings the point of another tentacle close to the face of Lionheart before drawing it back. Within the orb of the Seer Grimm, Salem makes a gesture, and the tentacle simultaneously releases him from the chokehold. Lionheart coughs and gasps for breath.

Salem: Cinder, you and your team will meet with Doctor Watts, and together, convince Raven Branwen that the survival of her people depends on her cooperation. Once you have Spring under control, escort her to the Relic and contact Hazel. The White Fang was promised the destruction of Haven, and they'll have it once we have what we need.

Watts: understood.

Salem: not you, Arthur. Kira's in need of your aid with another project.

Watts: very well.

Salem: good.

The image of Salem disappears from the Seer Grimm to show the connection has ended.

Watts: seems Qrow was right, Lionheart. The students aren't pushovers.

*LAND OF DARKNESS*

Cinder looks away unhappy as Salem takes notice of it.

Salem: you're free to speak your mind.

Cinder: I don't understand. (Turns to her) working with bandits? Keeping Ruby alive? Not claiming the dragon Faunus? What's the point? We're strong enough to take what we want by force!