Chapter 69: WITCH

The scene shows the chaos on the battlefield. As the Atlesian Military prepares to fight the scores of Grimm emerging from Monstra's body, Dean, Týra, and the others managed to get aboard the whale, but at the price of the van being destroyed.

Yang: well, that was harrowing.

Mimir: at least we're alive.

Jaune: We're not in the clear yet. We still have to search this whole thing and find Oscar and Ember before the Ace Ops blow us to pieces.

Jeanne: not to mention we might be expecting some company.

Yang: how are we supposed to find them? It's going to be like finding a needle in a... giant... whale. Why did we think this was a good idea?

Dean: because we're crazy idiots who care for our family. Regardless, you have a point. Any ideas on where to start?

Ren: I... I might be able to help. I can sense spikes of people's emotions, I think. It happened on Winter's ship. If I focus my Aura, I can keep it up.

Yang: okay, that's new.

Vergil: a sign of your semblance evolving.

Nero: well, it's worth a shot.

Ren touches his temples with his fingertips, focusing.

Ren: I can sort of tell where they are, but not who. They're more of less in the same area though. Further in. I can lead.

They then began making their way down to find their friends. Elsewhere in Monstra, Oscar lies on his side on the ground.

Oscar: she brushed off her bumps and bruises, for nothing hurt worse than the loneliness in her chest.

Ozpin: I recognize that. The Girl Who Fell Through The World?

Oscar chuckles, turning to lie on his back.

Oscar: I shouldn't be surprised you're so familiar with fairy tales.

Ozpin: I've lived through my share of them. How are you holding up?

Oscar: I thought the idea of falling through Remnant into a new world was exciting. I never understood why she was so sad when she finally made it back home. But now it makes more sense.

Oscar stretches out toward the light emanating from beyond a membrane on the ceiling, and studies his gloved hand.

Ozpin: she wasn't the same girl anymore.

Oscar: yeah.

Ozpin: I think this plan to divide might have run its course. It's time we start thinking about a way out. Not having our cane certainly limits the options, so...

With effort, Oscar curls into a fetal position.

Oscar: no, I don't like what happens when we use magic. Every time we use it, I can feel us merging faster. I'm not ready for that.

Ozpin: I don't blame you. Honestly, I think you're doing just fine on your own.

The door opens and Hazel enters. Oscar pushes himself into a supine position just before Hazel grabs him by the collar and hauls him up. A short while later, Hazel enters the room where the Relic of Knowledge is being kept, and crudely drops Oscar along the path.

Oscar: Why did you bring me here?

Hazel takes a moment to examine the Lamp on its pedestal before he responds. As he speaks, he circles the Lamp, eyeing it suspiciously.

Hazel: I've been thinking about what you said. If it's a lie and I took that lie to Salem, the punishment would fall on my head before yours. If what you said is true and I used the password myself, well, I don't know what happens when this thing activates. (Turns to look at Oscar) so let's see if you're bluffing.