Chapter 30: A MUCH NEEDED TALK

The scene begins with the aftermath after fighting the madman. Qrow had just finished explaining everything as the teens, except Nikki, were told on everything. There was a moment of silence until Qrow breaks it.

Qrow: really? No questions?

Jaune: of course we have questions. This is just... a lot to take in.

Qrow: (sighing) sure, of course.

Ruby: so these... Maidens... They're powerful fighters that don't need Dust to use magic.

Qrow: yeah.

Nora: and there are four of them?

Qrow: yup. Always.

Nikki: Ember's one of them?

Qrow: uh-huh.

Ren: which means that, whenever one of them dies, the power transfers to someone - a female - that they cared about?

Qrow: whoever was in their thoughts last. Important distinction. Best option is someone we can trust. Regardless, their souls become combined, in a way.

Jaune: and that's what you were trying to do to Pyrrha... the night the tower fell. You were trying to turn her into one of them.

Qrow: the previous Fall Maiden, Amber, had been attacked. She was young, inexperienced. And her assailant, who we now know is Cinder, somehow managed to steal some of her power, but not all of it. We were afraid that if we didn't do something, the rest would go to her as well.

Jaune: (looking angry) so you forced it on Pyrrha.

Qrow: we didn't force anything. We explained the situation and gave her the choice, and she chose. You were there, you heard her.

Jaune hangs his head for a brief moment before getting up and walking several feet away from group. Qrow watches him go.

Ruby: that guy, Tyrian - why was he after me?

Qrow: (sighing) well, you definitely painted a target on your back with what you did at Beacon. I told you having silver eyes is a rare trait. And the fact that you were able to use them seems to have upset some very powerful people. Not many people know about the silver eyes. Those that do aren't very happy that one has surfaced. That's why I've been keeping an eye on you in order to make sure you were safe. All of you. Although, I wasn't expecting our certain witch here to show up

Ruby: well, then, why not just travel with us? It seems like that would've been way easier.

Jaune: he was using you as bait.

Qrow: look, I wouldn't put it like that - it's complicated.

Jaune: (turning back to face him) what is all of this? Ruby's being hunted, the schools are being attacked, all for what?! What is the point of all of this?! Will you just tell us what's going on?!

Nikki: Jaune! Calm down.

Qrow: Nikki's right. Would you sit down? You're stressin' me out, 'kid.

Jaune sits back down on his log and crosses his arms. Qrow starts to take another swig, but changes his mind before the flask reaches his lips.

Qrow: not many people are super religious these days.

Qrow caps and sets the flask down.

Qrow: this world's been around for a long time, long enough that people have created dozens of gods. But if you believe Ozpin, two of them are actually real.

He then tells about the two brothers who were gods and how they created Remnant and how things ended badly for them. He further explains how along with the maidens, came four relics that were a gift to mankind. Each one represented a specific aspect, such as knowledge, creation, destruction, and choice. They were then placed into the four main academies as fortresses and can only be accessed by the maidens of each relic.