Chapter 22: BATTLE FOR BEACON

The scene shows Teams RWBY and DVNT in RWBY's dorm. Recently, Yang had her one on one match with Mercury that ended very badly. The fight started normal and later on Yang won thanks to her semblance. However, things went odd when Mercury went to help her up and she broke his leg. Everyone was in complete shock, and immediately sent troops to surround her.

What was really odd, was that Yang was equally surprised by what happened, and had claimed that Mercury had tried to attack her, and she acted in self-defense. Ironwood soon enters the room to give the info.

Ironwood: I'm sorry, but you've left us no choice.

Yang: but he attacked me!

Ironwood: video footage and millions of viewers say otherwise.

Weiss: but Yang would never do that!

Ruby: yeah!

Dean: true, she may have a temper, but Yang doesn't attack others without a reason.

Ironwood: look, you all seem like good students, and the staff here at Beacon are fully aware that you would never lash out the way you did... under normal circumstances. What I believe and hope this to be is nothing more than the result of stress and adrenaline. When you're out on the battlefield, your judgment can become clouded in an instant. Sometimes you see things that simply aren't there. Even after the fight is past...

Týra: that's understandable.

Yang: but I wasn't-

Ironwood: (angrily stern) that's ENOUGH! (Room falls silent) the sad truth is, whether it was an accident or an assault, it doesn't matter. The world saw you attack an innocent student. They've already drawn their own conclusions. And it's my job to inform you that... you are disqualified.

Yang's shock into miserable understanding when she looks to the ground, and Ironwood leaves the room. Ember then senses her depression, and walks wobbly over to her. Yang then brings her up into a hug.

Yang: you guys believe me, right?

Ruby: duh!

Weiss: you're hotheaded, but not ruthless.

Dean: like I said, you don't attack without a reason.

Nikki: yeah.

Týra: (nods head yes)

They then turn to the two who haven't spoken yet.

Yang: Blake, Vali?

Blake: (turns her gaze away) I want to believe you...

Ruby: (shocked) huh!?

Weiss: what's that supposed to mean?

Dean: you really think she would do that!?

Nikki: (turns to Vali) and do you agree with this?

Vali: ...my mind's on something else.

Yang: (eyes widening, tears forming instantly as she says in a hurt voice) Blake?

Weiss: how can you say something like that? Yang would never lie to us!

Nikki: what's wrong, love?

Blake: (deep breath) I had someone very dear to me change. It wasn't in an instant, it was gradual - little choices that began to pile up. He told me not to worry. At first they were accidents, then it was self-defense. Before long, even I began to think he was right. (Pause) this is all just... very familiar.

Dean: so what? You think history's repeating itself?!

Blake: no! (To Yang) you're no him. And you've never done anything like this before. So... I want to trust you. I will trust you. But first, I need you to look me in the eyes and tell me that he attacked you. I need you to promise me that you regret having to do what you did.