Chapter 29: REUNIONS AND LESSONS

The scene first shows Nikki sparring against Archer. The two had been training for months and the young witch was getting better at melee weapons. And, she definitely sees comparisons on how Vali became so fast just by learning under this man. They fight until they stopped for a breather.

Archer: not bad for a beginner. But even Vali had limits during the first few times. And I've met Girl Scouts with more ideals in them.

Nikki: (jokingly) are we fighting like Girl Scouts now? (Gets smacked in the hand hard) ow! What the hell!?

Archer: listen, young witch, if you're gonna catch up to your friends, we only have a couple days before we miss the opportunity. A couple days to finish your sword training. Now try again!

They kicked it up a bit and fought harder. Nikki had normal swords in both hands, and on heels. That fought more until Archer disarms her, and slices her back. She groans in pain before looking back up.

Nikki: what is the point of this shit!? When you said we'd train, you've just beaten me and blabbered about ideals. And how exactly does that have to do with this?

Archer: the ideals give you purposes, and a reason to fight. Vali's reason was to gain power, but it only pushed him so far. And your mission will only get far. If you wish to succeed, you must be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice when the time comes. So allow me to show you how not to get killed by Salem.

Nodding in agreement, Nikki stands back up with her swords, and they clashed. By the end, she was exhausted when she arrived home. But, despite the frustration, she knew she had to endure it. Recently, she experienced her first vision and saw Ruby and her friends and uncle fighting someone. She knew they were dangerous, and had to get to them. Nikki later finishes taking care of Ember, and the two went to sleep.

*VALI*

To say the challenge was hard would be an understatement. Vali has relived one of his biggest failures in the prison. On his first mission, he was tasked to help prevent a war against the humans and the forest spirit of an ancient land. Unfortunately, the mission went very bad and the spirit died and over half the villagers were destroyed. During it, it wasn't so easy to find forgiveness in him as they then started piling up with more failures, and he soon found himself being shrouded in darkness.

Vali's Thoughts: I guess I'm not...as strong as I thought. Now, there's no hope left.

???: Vali.

He's then greeted by a woman he's only seen pictures of. A woman who has long been dead. This was Eva, his grandmother.

 This was Eva, his grandmother

Vali: what is this?

Eva: hello, Vali. I wanted to meet you at least once.

Vali: why meet me? And, how are you here?

Eva: I felt you were in danger, and your friend, Castiel, came and told me about what's happening to you.

Vali: (weakened) I... I don't... know what to do...anymore. The whole world's falling apart. I thought I knew what I wanted, what my path is, but... Now I'm left lost more than ever before.