Chapter 52: A NEW APPROACH

The scene shows the group in the transport heading over to Atlas. Everyone except DVNT and Ember were restrained. For the most part, everyone was in silence except for Nora trying to chew the bolas on her wrists, and the muffled chattering of the guards piloting the ship.

Ruby: where do you think they're taking us?

Qrow: I'm gonna go with jail.

Vali: for all of you, probably. The four of us will most likely get executed.

Mimir: except death doesn't really have a good grip on you four, so they might dissect you instead.

Týra: that's not helping, Mimir.

Jaune: I still can't believe that fishing pole guy took us out like it was nothing.

Weiss: welcome to Atlas. Those were Ironwood's Ace Operatives.

Man: hmm? You guys had a run-in with the Ace-Ops? Ironwood must really have a bone to pick with you.

Weiss: (rolling her eyes) they're not that big of a deal.

Man: not that big of a deal!? The Ace-Ops are the elite-of-elite military Huntsmen and Ironwood's personal attack dogs.

Nora: so they got you too, huh?

Man: pfft! I wouldn't let myself get caught by them. I'm here because I've been speaking out against Atlas' exploitation of Mantle, and General Ironwood is trying to silence me.

Pilot: you threw a brick at her ship!

Man: (proudly) it's worth it if it gets people talking about our cause!

The pilot sighs in annoyance.

Blake: "our cause"?

Man: yes, the fight for better conditions in Mantle! Lead by the charismatic, talented, lovely Robyn Hill and her Happy Huntresses!

The main pilot presses a button, causing the window between the cab and the back of the ship to begin slowly closing. The man notices this, stands up and begins frantically shouting to the window so the guards can hear him.

Man: they were all top Atlas Academy graduates, who could've signed up for the military, but Robyn and the Huntresses chose to stay in Mantle. She's gunning for a seat on the Kingdom's council, and when she gets it, she's gonna put an end to Ironwood's tyranny!

Oscar: Happy... Huntresses?

Yang: is that their real name?

Nikki: what's with the media giving these awful names?

Weiss: don't you think "tyranny's" a little dramatic?

The man turns around to respond and looks surprised upon realizing who had just spoken.

Man: easy to say for a Schnee heiress, living comfortably up in Atlas.

Weiss: (sighing sadly) not anymore.

Vali holds her hand in reassurance, and she has a small smile in gratitude. The airship finally makes it up to the City of Atlas, and Ruby looks out at the city in awe, while Nora is once again chewing her restraints.

Ruby: whoa, it's gorgeous up here!

Weiss: don't let that fool you.

Vali: it's sad that this place even holds corruption.

Man: (looks outside) this isn't the police station.

Qrow: it's... Atlas Academy.

Mimir: hmm... does this mean we might be seeing the general after all?