Chapter 37: REST AND RESOLUTIONS

The scene shows the three members from DVNT, RWBY, and JNPR, all siting at the table and enjoying the meal cooked and talking about what they've experienced.

Yang: (laughs to Jaune) how do you lose your map at a time like that?

Jaune: believe me, I've asked myself the same thing ever since.

Nora: hey, but you made up for it, Mister Muscles! You shoulda seen this guy take a giant Grimm head on!

Jaune: I couldn't have done it without Ruby wearing it down.

Ruby: uh, me? Did you see Ren during that fight? He was out of control!

Ren: I'm sorry, I may have lost my temper momentarily.

Ruby: no, no! Out of control as in "awesome"!

Ren: oooohhh. (Smiles) thank you.

Everyone at the table bursts into laughter.

Nikki: plus, with Ember defeating the Grimm as well? That was bloody fantastic!

Vali: how is that even possible, though?

Mimir: dragons are known to have surprises. This could also be connected to the fact that she's hung out with DVNT for this long.

As dinner continues, Weiss tells her story about how she accidentally summoned a Boarbatusk during the Schnee charity ball.

Ruby: (gasps) you did not!

Weiss: (has her face in her hands) yeah, right in the middle of the party.

Yang: please tell me you let that lady have it.

Weiss: Of course not! Even if I did really want to.

Vali: I had half the mind to kill her right on the spot.

Nora: (crossing her arms, skeptical) no way, I don't believe it.

Weiss summons her Boarbatusk right next to Nora. The Grimm summon growls, causing Nora to yelp and fall to her side. Weiss, Yang, Jaune and Ren all laugh. Nikki then shared her experience with Archer.

Jaune: so, was it that intense?

Nikki: much more crazy than mum's training.

Vali: you got off easy. When he trained me, I came back home with scars, bloody-knuckles, and broken bones.

Weiss: (shocked) that's awful!

Vali: it is what it is.

Vali then tells them about his experience in Hell and how he unlocked his Sin Devil Trigger. Týra also shared about retrieving the Blades of Chaos and the training she went through with Kratos. Despite not fully going into it, they could tell it was very personal to both of them. So, changing the topic, Yang shows off her robotic prosthetic arm to the rest of the group. All of them react in awe.

Yang: it's not a replacement for the real thing, but I'll make sure to make good use of it.

Jaune: that's amazing.

Ren: incredible.

Vali: interesting.

Nikki: nice, love.

Ruby gets all starry-eyed and quickly zooms over to her sister's side to admire her arm.

Ruby: (holding Yang's arm up) and it's just as strong?

Yang: hm, sure is.

Týra: I've sparred with it enough to feel the difference.

Suddenly, they hear a bang on the table. Nora has her arm out ready to arm wrestle.