Chapter 54: AN UNEXPECTED REUNION

The scene shows the aftermath of the mission. Transport ships were coming in with the equipment needed for the sight to launch, while the group were exiting the mountain. Even through the others were surprised by seeing how the Ace Ops worked, the Ops were equally surprised by DVNT's work.

Vine: I must say, that was crazy and impressive of you four.

Dean: that's one phrase that's been used to describe us.

Yang: oh, they do stuff like this all the time.

Ruby: yeah! Back at Beacon, they're the best team formed.

Harriet: well, in Beacon. But the Aces are the best in Atlas.

Vali's Thoughts: well, aren't we confident.

As the others were discussing more and more, Nora approaches Elm with wide eyes and a smile. Elm looks at her.

Nora: hi. Do you need a new best friend? (Moves closer) our pair name can be...

Nora's eyes spark with pink electricity, and she lifts her hammer into the air with both hands. She is suddenly standing on an empty plane with a green tinted sky, with Elm standing nearby. Pink lightning strikes, while green and pink gradient text appears.

Nora: (voice echoing dramatically) THUNDER THIGHS!!!

Harriet watches this with a sigh, and Ruby runs over to her.

Ruby: perfect complementary teamwork. Oh, yeah, I want to have my friends' backs just like that.

Harriet: (raising an eyebrow) friends?

Elm: (laughs) this isn't the schoolyard, kid.

Behind Elm, Nora is still posed with her hammer in the air.

Nora: (husky) Thunder Thighs...

Ren walks over, lifts the currently stiff Nora under his arm, and walks away. Ruby's teammates join her.

Yang: but, I mean, when you go through so much with someone, it kind of changes things, doesn't it?

Harriet: we get along well enough, sure. I count on them to keep me alive. They do the same. But that's the job. We don't confuse the two.

Týra: hm. No surprise, considering the only thing all of you are are mindless soldiers.

Harriet: (annoyed) what's that suppose to mean?

She doesn't respond, but it was clear Tyra didn't enjoy the Ops. In fact, none of DVNT were fond of working with them. Don't be mistaken, they're glad to be working on the same side and everything. However, they knew their mindset was to follow orders and don't ask questions. A trait, none of them enjoy. Anyways, Ironwood arrived, and the team went over to speak with him. Ruby watches with a sad sigh, then looks away, thinking. She then gets an idea, smiles and hurries over to her teammates.

Ruby: what do you guys want to do when we get back to Atlas? Sightseeing? (Gasp) oh, what should we visit first?

Blake: (yawns) how about our beds? (Walks away)

Ruby: oh, come on, guys! This is a great time to go exploring! We haven't done that in so long!

Weiss: Ruby, we just explored a whole continent on foot before flying to this one. (Walks away)

Ruby: well, yeah, but... it was only the boring parts.

Yang: (arms crossed) we almost died.

Ruby: ppt.

Ruby waves her hands at Yang with an awkward chuckle, and Yang walks away. Ruby then frowns and sighs sadly. Dean then walks over nd places a hand on her shoulder, causing her to look up.