Chapter 59: OUT IN THE OPEN

The scene picks up where we left off. Mantel was being invaded by various creatures, and everyone was running for their lives as the group was trying their best to help everyone. In one section, DVNT was fighting against a swarm of demons and killing off as many as they could.

Mimir: I will say, this is definitely a problem.

Dean: agreed. Like with Beacon, Salem's not holding back anything this time. (Comms) guys, how are we with the people.

Ruby: doing the best we can. But, we're running out of time.

Dean: just keep going and stay safe. (Ends comms) how much more time do we have with the shelters?

Nikki: not much, boss. At this rate, they'll be filled up soon. We need to do something before things get worse.

There is a loud ping noise, followed by a cyan glow, and the team stop and look up at the wall, where a giant hologram screen depicting Robyn has appeared.

Robyn: Atlas, Mantle. I know you're scared. I'm here with General Ironwood, and we have a message for you.

The camera filming Robyn zooms out to show that she is holding Ironwood's left hand, and their hands are both glowing with green Aura.

Robyn: what he has to say may sound unbelievable... but it is all true.

Confused and still scared, the citizens of Mantle listen. Elsewhere in Mantle, Ruby and Harriet work together to kill a Beowolf. They then stop and look at a nearby hologram screen showing Ironwood.

Ironwood: an ancient and terrible evil lies outside of our kingdom. It was responsible for the destruction of Beacon, the attack on Haven, and for the recent attacks on Mantle. This powerful force goes by the name of Salem.

Ruby: (grinning) he's doing it.

Somewhere else, Ren fires StormFlower's blades to swing from a traffic light, drop down on a Sabyr that is chasing civilians and stab it with his guns' blades.

Ironwood: Salem seeks only to divide us.

Jaune uses his shield to slam another Sabyr against the overturned armored truck that Ren had leaped over. He then cuts the Sabyr in half.

Ironwood: to turn us against each other. If she can incite hatred in us, then we will lure in the Grimm and destroy ourselves.

A group of Sabyrs charges in from the direction that the civilians are fleeing in. Vine jumps onto an armored truck and uses his Aura arms to split the group of Sabyrs and pin them against the buildings on either side of the road.

Robyn: Salem herself does not work alone. Her minions have invaded our very city.

In their hideaway, Cinder and Neo are watching Ironwood's live broadcast on a Scroll.

Ironwood: Arthur Watts and Light Yagami, AKA, Kira

Neo looks at Cinder, who looks away.

Cinder: (muttering) what?

Ironwood: these men are the ones responsible for the recent murders in Mantle and for sabotaging the heating grid.

Kira and Watts, who are hiding in a building's back patio, look toward Ironwood's voice and then at each other.

Ironwood: but we cannot let ourselves give in to fear and panic. That is what she wants!

On the screen, Robyn and Ironwood are still holding hands, and the Aura coating their hands continues to glow green.

Ironwood: instead, we must unite, and fight back, together. Every single one of us!

Vine still has the Sabyrs pinned, and Jaune calls out to the civilians in front of him with a commanding tone, pointing his finger at them.