Chapter 86: THE NIGHTMARE ENDS (Vol. 9 end)

The scene picks up from the last ending. Team DVNT falls on the ground with holes right through their bodies. Everyone is in shock as True Assassin stands up.

True Assassin: All begins and ends in darkness.

Ember then looks at the beast, screams in pure anger and transforms into her dragon form. She rips apart into the villain, but they throw her off and the others get their weapons and charge towards the villain. Unknown to them, however, DVNT wasn't dying here.

*DVNT*

Dean opens his eyes, and finds himself in a spiritual plane. He looks around, and wonders what's happening.

Dean: Where am I? This isn't the Dark World... but it doesn't feel like reality.

He walks a bit, and soon sees the others.

Dean: Guys! (Runs to them)

Vali: (walking) I see you.

The four meet up at the center.

Dean: Good to see you're all still alive.

Nikki: Are we, though? The last thing I remember was meeting with the others. At least, I think it was them.

Týra: Everything's hazy. (Looks around) What is this place?

They then hear banging, and look over to see the Blacksmith from the Ever After working on something. Since she's the only one there, they approach her.

Dean: Uh, hello?

Blacksmith: (looks over at them) Good day. To be honest, I've been wondering if whether or not you'd show up.

Vali: Who are you?

Blacksmith: Merely a humbled Blacksmith doing their job. I suppose since you were hit with the leaves, they brought you here.

Nikki: What leaves? And what is here?

Blacksmith: (chuckles and sets their tools down) You might say it's where both worlds are connected—the Dark World and the Ever After. I can tell you four have many questions. But, right now, I must ask; Why do you carry a large burden? And more importantly, do you still desire to carry said burden?

*RWBY*

With the others, they were still fighting True Assassin as he moved around and struck them and the ground to throw them off.

Jaune: He's moving too fast. What even is this thing?

Bayonetta: Something connected to our kids. I'm sensing dark Umbra Witch magic from it.

Dante: Same with demon energy.

Ruby: So, how do we beat it?

Dante: Just keep fighting.

The assassin throws a few powerful strikes that heavily damage their auras and forced them to be on the verge of breaking. Ember's was nearly broken, but she didn't care as she was being blinded with rage.

*DVNT*

The four-person team walks behind the Blacksmith as they look around at the various souls passing by.

Dean: Who are they?

Blacksmith: Wandering souls from the Ever After. Some are even from other worlds.

Nikki: What's gonna happen to us, then? Is this where we die?

Blacksmith: The only thing that can happen is whatever you choose.

They walk until they stop. The Blacksmith turns to look at them, and asks.

Blacksmith: Why are you all considered the strongest team of Remnant?