Chapter 11: WITCHES AND FAUNUS

The scene resumes where we left off with Blake, Nikki, Sun, and Ember were at the café drinking tea.

Nikki: no, she's more of my team and I's ward.

Sun: ah, that's pretty cool. (Turns to Blake) and finally, she speaks! Nearly two days and you gave me nothing but small talk and weird looks! And the only time you did speak was to your friends. (Blake gives Sun a firm look) yeah, like that.

Blake rolls her eyes before closing them and looking at Sun sadly.

Blake: Sun... Are you familiar with the White Fang?

Sun: of course! I don't think there's a Faunus on the planet who hasn't heard of them. Stupid, holier-than-thou creeps that use force to get whatever they want. Bunch of freaks, if you ask me!

Nikki: I know Tyra has a particular dislike to them.

Blake: (sips her drink) I was once a member of the White Fang.

Sun hears it and goes cross-eyed and chokes on his drink, making him put it down and wipe his mouth as he holds up a hand to process this information.

Sun: wait a minute, you were a member of the White Fang?!

Blake: yep, I was a member for most of my life, actually. You could almost say I was born into it... Back then, things were different. In the ashes of war, the White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between Humans and the Faunus. Of course, despite being promised equality, the Faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings. And so, the White Fang rose up as a voice of our people. And I was there. I was at the front of every rally. I took part in every boycott. I actually thought we were making a difference. But I was just a youthful optimist.

Nikki: so, what happened?

Blake: five years ago, our leader stepped down, and a new one took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking. Suddenly, our peaceful protests were being replaced with organized attacks. We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us, hijacking cargo from companies that used Faunus labor. And the worst part was, it was working. We were being treated like equals. But not out of respect... out of fear. So, I left. I decided I no longer wanted to use my skills to aid in their violence, and instead, I would dedicate my life to becoming a Huntress. So here I am: a criminal hiding in plain view, all with the help of a little black bow.

Sun: (looks at Nikki) and where do you fit in this?

Nikki: I was originally going to make sure she was okay, (looks at Ember) but someone thought otherwise.

Ember merely plays off an innocent giggle in an attempt to play off that she did no harm.

Sun: so...have you told your friends any of this?

*RWY AND DVT*

Ruby: Blaaaake!

Dean: Nikki!!! Nikki, where the hell are you!?

Yang: Blaaaake! Nikkiiiii!

Týra: Nikki! Ember!

Ruby: Blaaaaaaaake! Where aaaare yoooouuuu!?

Yang: Blake!

Dean: Weiss, Vali, you're both not helping!

Vali: it's pointless on just calling them out like pets, Dean.

Weiss: oh! You know what might be able to help? The police!

Dean: that bitchy attitude is not helping!

Weiss: it was an idea!

Ruby: yeah, a bad one.

Yang: Weiss, I think we should hear her side of the story before we jump to any conclusions. That's probably the reason why Nikki followed her.