PROLOGUE: NEMESIS

At a mall downtown in a city far from Vale, it was filled with dozens of people that were minding their own business. Among them, was a girl with long black hair, glasses, a violet dress with black outlines, and black knee high combat boots. She also had red earrings and a bracelet on her left hand. This is Nikki Tanaka, the daughter of Bayonetta. She was shopping for clothes when a couple of security officers walked up to her.

Officer: s'cuse us, miss?

Nikki: is there a problem, sir?

Officer: we need you to come with us.

Nikki: I'm not in trouble, am I?

Officer: er, no ma'am. We just need to speak to you.

Nikki: (playing along) alright then.

She played along and walked with them to the elevator. There, more and more workers were boarding and soon the whole room was crowded. The elevator goes down. Nikki soon decides enough is enough and breaks the silence.

Nikki: any of you want to get off? Or should I leave before you make fools of yourselves?

They didn't respond but pull out weapons to attack. Nikki sees this, and with the skills of an acrobat, attacks them and begins talking them out. She spends a couple minutes doing this and lands in a stance when she finished. There's silence until a black raven suddenly spawns near Nikki. This was one of her special demons, Karasu.

Karasu: (irritated) just look, Nikki! Your stance is off again, your foot's out of place!

Nikki: (stands normally and punches it) shut up, Karasu! We were just attack by Fallen Angels, do you really find a minor error in a stance is really that big of a deal?

Karasu: (gets up from being punched) yes! I want it perfect every time! Remember, Ms. Tanaka: symmetry and perfection is key. It's what keeps everything in perfect balance. Any imperfections, and it's absolutely horrible!

Nikki: (sighs and pinches the brim of her nose) why mum gave me the demon that's an OCD freak, I'll never know.

The elevator opens, but they see they were dragged into Limbo. Nikki's been here before and knew of another way out. Karasu, meanwhile, was freaking out.

Karasu: we can't be here! This whole world is completely asymmetrical! Look at this; buildings twisted, objects that are in incorrect forms, and Fallen Angels, Demons and Grimm that show no respect for it! WHO WOULD DO SOMETHING AS HORRIBLE AS THIS!?!?

Nikki: (grabs the raven) calm down. We've been here before, so we have two options; kill whatever dragged us here, or wait for someone to create a gateway back.

???: that would be me.

The two turn to see a platinum blonde haired woman in a red outfit. This was her honorary aunt, and mother's rival/best friend, Jeanne. When certain people are in Limbo, most people only appear like ghosts to the other side. They're normally invisible, but if one has a strong psyche, or a high level of aura, they can see apparitions of the people in between realms.