Chapter 44: UNCOVERED

The scene picks up where we left off with the group getting the wreckage from the train. , Ruby scours through the train wreckage and picks up Dust bullets, before looking to see the Relic of Knowledge slightly buried in the snow nearby. Yang struggles to get Bumblebee out of the snow until Týra effortlessly picks it up. But despite that, Yang had enough.

Yang: great! This is just great! We're stranded, we lost a third of our party, and we've gained a defenseless old lady!

Maria: my name is Maria Calavera, and I am not defenseless! I'm just a little hard of hearing. And blind without my eyes, that are in desperate need of repair. (Taps on her prosthetics, which open wide and close, before opening narrowly again) okay, I'm starting to see your point.

Týra: (holds hand out to call axe back) calm down, Yang. We've just dealt with Grimm. We do not need more coming.

Qrow: Týra's right. If we lose our cool now, we'll just be inviting even more Grimm.

Blake: does that even matter? Apparently, we've been attracting Grimm ever since we left Haven.

Yang: oh, and how could I forget about that? (Turns to Oscar) what happened to no more lies and half truths?

Oscar: yeah, I think it's time we got an explanation...

Oscar's eyes glow as control of his body is switched to Ozpin, who furrows his brow at Yang's accusations.

Ozpin: I did not lie to you...

Weiss: well you certainly didn't tell us everything about the Relic.

Nikki: or about what's going on.

Ozpin: please, now is not the time.

Yang: no, we're past that! I wanna know why you're still not telling us everything!

Ozpin: it is true that the Grimm are attracted to the Relics. It's faint, but undeniable. I believe it has to do with their origin, but I'm not entirely sure. Regardless, I feared that making you all aware would only add anxiety and negativity. It seemed like the safer option.

Weiss: you know, I'm getting real tired of people choosing what's best for me.

Vali: story of my existence.

Yang: is that why you chose to lie to everyone about Lionheart too? Even Jupiter?

Ozpin: yes, as a matter of fact, I believed the Kingdom of Mistral deserved better than the truth. And I believed Leonardo deserved to be remembered for his lifetime of service, and not for the unfortunate missteps he made in his final years.

Yang: missteps?!

Ozpin: what Professor Lionheart did was reprehensible. I am not here to argue differently, but does one lapse in judgment truly negate all of his good? Do we not all have regrets? You may have met Professor Lionheart, but you never met the man he was before Salem found him.

Nikki: what about that cover story on Jupiter?

Ozpin: while I've had little history with him, Jupiter was a great man. And I admit, an even better teacher than Leo. But, he never fully told anyone of his past. And now that we know he was Zeus, I felt better that people were not aware of what he was this whole time.

Yang: look, we're supposed to be in this together. You can trust us! We're not gonna turn our backs on you.

Ozpin: (raising his voice) do you really think Leo was the first?! (Everyone stops) that he didn't say those exact same words to me? I'm sorry, but you have to understand that my behaviors are backed by experience. I'm not saying that I have reason to think you will betray me. I'm saying that I have reasons for the things that I do, the secrets I keep, the reason I... (suddenly stops and realizes something) where's the Relic?